Nice find for 6-speed tranny

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
$1800? Is that considered a good deal? That's a little less than half my car is worth.

There are vendors on this site that I believe sell it for about the same price, shipped directly from Europe. I personally would rather deal with the vendor as they support the site and you know where to find them, ask for help and such.

Some guy selling it from London that's not a vendor here, what if something goes wrong? what if something is broke or missing? It's more of a as-is type deal.

IMO this site has been a fantastic resource so I'd support a vendor in a heartbeat

diesel8uUp

TDI
B5.5TDIrs 6speed Manual
There are vendors on this site that I believe sell it for about the same price, shipped directly from Europe. I personally would rather deal with the vendor as they support the site and you know where to find them, ask for help and such.

Some guy selling it from London that's not a vendor here, what if something goes wrong? what if something is broke or missing? It's more of a as-is type deal.

IMO this site has been a fantastic resource so I'd support a vendor in a heartbeat
You should do a little research before you speak. The guy is from London just like you are, yet you haven't bothered to get in touch with him and see what it is he's selling. I know for a fact that quite a few members have bought stuff off of him and not a single complaint.
I have to ask, how can you trust someone who's on the other side of the Atlantic and yet this guy is in your back yard and you get to deal with him face to face????? I also guess that you don't mind dealing with customs and brokers in order to get the big stuff over here.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
You should do a little research before you speak. The guy is from London just like you are, yet you haven't bothered to get in touch with him and see what it is he's selling. I know for a fact that quite a few members have bought stuff off of him and not a single complaint.
I have to ask, how can you trust someone who's on the other side of the Atlantic and yet this guy is in your back yard and you get to deal with him face to face????? I also guess that you don't mind dealing with customs and brokers in order to get the big stuff over here.
Says the noob.

Yes, I would buy a transmission from RyanP in a heartbeat, as he has supported his product time and again, and even covered screwups on this side of the pond that clearly weren't his issue.

He is a stand up guy with a well deserved following, like Oilhammer, Franko6, and many others. Registered vendors are what keep this site going, when they stand up for their product and provide support, you're damn right I'd buy from them first.

That said, if the price was right and the product was something I was in the market for, I would consider this London transmission, but if the price were the same, I would still get it from Ryan.

diesel8uUp

TDI
B5.5TDIrs 6speed Manual
Says the noob.
Yes, I would buy a transmission from RyanP in a heartbeat, as he has supported his product time and again, and even covered screwups on this side of the pond that clearly weren't his issue.
He is a stand up guy with a well deserved following, like Oilhammer, Franko6, and many others. Registered vendors are what keep this site going, when they stand up for their product and provide support, you're damn right I'd buy from them first.
That said, if the price was right and the product was something I was in the market for, I would consider this London transmission, but if the price were the same, I would still get it from Ryan.
Wooooow, OK.
The best part is that he's a Vendor on here but obviously hasn't made that official yet since he just got approved a week or so ago.
I can tell you one thing, I prefer to deal face to face than with someone on the internet.

vw_london01

TDIClub Contributor , Vendor
TDI
01 jetta pd150, TT Tdi Quattro, Touareg Tdi, mk5 Tdi, BMW 335d, Ram cummins

Next time please make sure that you confirm staff before you posted them. I'm registered vendor on this site and I’m more than happy to meet anyone in person, speak over the phone or email. If I sell something I stand behind it! I’m more than happy to give money back or new part if something goes bad with product I sell.

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
Next time please make sure that you confirm staff before you posted them. I'm registered vendor on this site and I’m more than happy to meet anyone in person, speak over the phone or email. If I sell something I stand behind it! I’m more than happy to give money back or new part if something goes bad with product I sell.

That's good to hear then. Thank you for being more professional and not getting your panties in a bunch like your pal above.

If you deal good products and especially service...it is a benefit for London. We have way to many tumany here thinking they know Volkswagens.

:)

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Glad to have another vendor for hard to find euro parts.