OBDeleven & Fuel Filter Change

rhinorear

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW
Hi All. 2014 Jetta TDI SW newb here. With the ODBeleven set up am I able to cycle my fuel pump to prime the fuel filter canister after a filter change?

Thanks!

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
I'm pretty sure that ODB11 can do "basic settings". This is all that is necessary and you could test it any time. Go to the engine controller (01) and go to basic settings. Enter 35 (basic setting #35) and you should be able to turn the electric pumps on and off. You can test this before replacing the filter because you can hear the pumps turn on and off. To do this you will want the ignition on but the engine off.

Have Fun!

Don

rhinorear

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW
Thanks Don, and I did have fun. Your instructions fit to a tee and I was bale to toggle the fuel pump on and off.

Had a big ol **** eating grin on my face. Trying to learn both this tdi and a Jeep JKU and its proving to be a challenge for this Luddite.

Where are you getting your setting number info from? Any suggestions as to how to turn the horn off when you lock the car?

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Where are you getting your setting number info from? Any suggestions as to how to turn the horn off when you lock the car?

I have VCDS and a lot of the info is "built-in" (one weakness in ODB11), also Ross-Tech has a forum and a wiki. Aside from these sources forums like this one and VWVortex (and others) have lots of info once you figure out how to search for it.

I'm not sure about your car. On my Mk5 (2009) there was a setup option called "ATA Confirm" and it could be turned on and off from the MFD. If that option does not appear in your car, I'm sure it can be done with ODB11 but I do not know how. (P.S. ATA = Automatic Theft Alarm).

With VCDS the long coding helper would probably tell me how to do it, but that is of no help for you. I'll bet there is an ODB11 forum with lists of lots of things you can change.

Have Fun!

Don

Last edited:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
FYI: I once took apart fuel filter for my '98 Jetta TDI at 10K miles. The top 1/2 of the pleats were 100% pristine white clean, so I went to 20K intervals after that. :D
I don't know about 1998 but since 2000 it has been 20k mile change intervals as published in the VW maintenance cards.