audi b8 tdi swap info

maniaq

TDI
tdi 2000
hi guys, i drive my b7 wagon tdi for almost 4 years now and after close to 150 000 done without any problem at all, i begin to check for my next car, my b7 body will hit the 400 000km very soon, my car getting old!!

did anybody swap tdi in audi a4 b8? i read coding all module is more complex than b7 was. which engine is the best for b8 platform?

i didn't find a lot of info on the web
thanks you

Roadkil4

TDI
Mk4 Golf
I pondered the same thing, been seeing a few b8s pop up with wrecked engines.

I would love to have a b7 wagon. I'm currently putting aBRM in one. Do you have a link to your build?

maniaq

TDI
tdi 2000
I pondered the same thing, been seeing a few b8s pop up with wrecked engines.

I would love to have a b7 wagon. I'm currently putting aBRM in one. Do you have a link to your build?
sorry for the delay! no i haven't build thread, i build a b7 sedan tdi for my wife and i have a b7 wagon tdi, i love my tdi!!

nitec

Vendor
TDI
1.9TDi PD
the big problem with the b8 is that there's no manual wagon - the manuals are only sedans...that's the biggest drawback of that generation for me

if you want a manual wagon then the bill gets big and at that point I'd do a q5 - same work involved

if you're ok with a manual sedan then keep your eyes open for a blown motor b8, which come out all the time (some with ridiculously low mileage), get yourself a donor CR engine, and start sourcing engine mounts, harness, ECU and perhaps accessory bracket etc. from the German ebay...