Phase II Claims Process?

linux_author

Veteran Member
TDI
Phase II Emissions modified 2015 Golf TDI S SportWagen
hey folks - we're picking up our vehicle tomorrow following the Phase II emissions mod (took them a week!), but wanted to know what to expect at the dealer...

do we get a receipt and fill out paperwork?

will dealer handle payment option? (ETF, check to be mailed, etc.)

tks in advance

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

(the VW letter regarding Phase II did not mention the process... the claims portal still has me at picking the dealer; went to the dealer, had to call VW and give 'em my claims number from the original Phase I and filing)

j2112morris

TDI
2014 Audi Q5 Premium Plus TDI (sold)
I had mind done last week. After the dealership completes the fix, they submit the proof to VWA. Within 72 hours, you will receive an email for payment, just like with the stage 1. The dealership will provide multiple sets of paperwork to show you it was done. The second time around, the process is much smoother.

Drive safe.

linux_author

Veteran Member
TDI
tks! we had some other scheduled maintenance done (a bit less expensive than normal thanks to the $500 VW gift card for paying for the maintenance package)...

got a receipt detailing what was done (parts, etc.)...

took six calendar days to get Phase II done...

vehicle seems just as peppy - no lag off the line - good acceleration...

was told that the manager would process the claim to VW and that i should receive something in email or mail in several days

i believe, IIRC, the compensation must be paid within three business days?

anyhow, now we just drive and enjoy - even more so with gas prices on the rise

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
Willie, glad to hear yours is running just fine! I had the work done Friday and had the Chase email late Monday night. Dealership should have the process done when they enter the work as complete as part of the process. So 1-3 business days much like the Phase 1.

linux_author

Veteran Member
TDI
UPDATE: service performed three days ago - VW still hasn't received info from the dealer, so no restitution is forthcoming as yet

call is in to the dealer to find out what's going on...

i thought there was a tight timeline on this process?

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

linux_author

Veteran Member
TDI
2nd UPDATE: had to drive back to the dealership so the service tech could take a picture of the VIN from the dash - arrrrggghhh!

willie
on the rainy Gulf of Mexico

linux_author

Veteran Member
TDI
3rd UPDATE: finally got the Chase Payments email - attempted to log in, but since i was doing it on a new laptop, i had to go through a 'verification code' process... Chase still had my original password and bank account info (frightening!)

next, i received an error because the Chase interface does not prompt for your phone number used when originally filing the claim - had to re-enter the number in a XXXXXXXXXX format (no '1' or '(' ')')

did the EFT, and finally got the payment verification email from Chase

it looks like this settlement saga is over - we got a 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI S for $18,500 new (considering the cash card and more than $7K back)!

thanks, VW! we're gonna enjoy driving the wheels off our wagen!

and thanks to all forum members here for helpful advice, guidance and 'heads up' on all the issues involved

willie
on the 'smile with every VW mile' Gulf of Mexico