2nd Annual Platteville Dyno Day April 30th, 2011

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
Yep it's that time of the year again............ to see if the upgrades you made pay off in the power department. I was able to set up a time for a dyno day at the new engineering building that has an in floor dyno.

Info:
Date: Saturday April 30th
Time: 10am - 9pm
Location: Platteville ,WI New Engineering building is #25 on this map http://www.uwplatt.edu/contact/images/Campus_Map.jpg
Cost: $30 for 3 pulls on the dyno and additional donations are welcome to help out the teams that are helping out that day.

It should go without saying, but make sure your car is in good working order, since having a catastrophic failure on the dyno would be no good:eek:

This year I think I'll open up to 15 cars to run on the dyno, since we now have a better idea of how many cars we get through. I'm possibly going to open it up members on the Vortex depending on the interest from TDIClub members first
1. Fix Until Broke
2. ducerswld
3. JPDiesel
4. PoochiePD
5. tshoe32
6. Guz15
7. darkhorse
8. Curious Chris
9. mctdi
11. JFettig
12. JasonCzerak
13. nic_a_bod

Look forward to seeing everyone again and meeting some new people and just to make everyone aware I'm currently in a wheelchair due to diving accident and caused a spinal cord injury. I'm on the road to recovery and hoping to be back behind the wheel asap. For a little more background on my accident http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/ericmurrock/mystory

Feel free to contact me with any questions. It might take a day or two for me to respond, fyi.

Last edited:

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS

bdub

TDI
Mk4 Jetta, Mk4 Golf 2dr 5spd
Is this open for anyone to come in and just check out everyone else's cars? My two TDIs are bone stock, but I wouldn't mind seeing what all you other crazies out there have done to your cars.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Is this open for anyone to come in and just check out everyone else's cars? My two TDIs are bone stock, but I wouldn't mind seeing what all you other crazies out there have done to your cars.
You are more than welcome to come by and check things out and see meet some of the other members and their rides.

I'll have to check with my friends to see if they would be willing to cook up some burgers and brats like they did last year.

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
I'll be there - count me in.

I'll hopefully have some cool things to test out as well :)

Eric - I read your CaringBridge journal (the whole thing!) and want to wish you the best of luck in your recovery. I can't believe what you've already been through and accomplished. You have unbelievable determination and support from friends and family that most people could only dream of. Keep up the steady progress.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
I'll be there - count me in.

I'll hopefully have some cool things to test out as well :)

Eric - I read your CaringBridge journal (the whole thing!) and want to wish you the best of luck in your recovery. I can't believe what you've already been through and accomplished. You have unbelievable determination and support from friends and family that most people could only dream of. Keep up the steady progress.[/QUOTE

I can hardly wait to see what you have up your sleeve:cool: Added to the list;)

Wow! to be honest I haven't read what my mom has posted on CaringBridge, but then again as you can imagine the first couple of weeks I didn't do much of anything:( so I'm very impressed you read it all!

I've been very blessed with the support and encouragement I've received from family and friends, which I'm very grateful for. With their support and my determination I'm hoping for a full recovery, but it will take time, so I'm learning patience:mad: lol

Not sure I'll have any performance upgrades done since the dyno day last year:( Hopefully the upgrades get back on track:cool:

ducesrwld

Veteran Member
TDI
none
hmmmm....add me to the list should have my car back and juiced up by this point. this brm should be cranking out a few extra ponies by then.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
hmmmm....add me to the list should have my car back and juiced up by this point. this brm should be cranking out a few extra ponies by then.

Added:cool: I was wondering if your car was going to be ready........ can't wait to see it.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Eric, just heard. Hope things go well for you man. Got a good family supporting you there.

Guz15

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta
I think I might try to make it out for this. I hope to have my 11mm pump installed by then. Just gotta find time to do it. Either way, i am curious to see what my golf is puttin out these days. I never had it dyno'd.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
i'll probably come and hang out but my car is nothing special...i'll hopefully have my wheel adapters by then....so that will be something to "show off"

eric, i told brian andaloro about this as well so he's thinking about coming as well...

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Eric, just heard. Hope things go well for you man. Got a good family supporting you there.
Thanks Jason. I'm very grateful to have the support and encouragement I get. On a side note a friend of mine will hopefully be bringing his 06.5 to for some maintenance and issues he's having.

I think I might try to make it out for this. I hope to have my 11mm pump installed by then. Just gotta find time to do it. Either way, i am curious to see what my golf is puttin out these days. I never had it dyno'd.
Well get to, so the car is ready:D Should I add you to the list?

i'll probably come and hang out but my car is nothing special...i'll hopefully have my wheel adapters by then....so that will be something to "show off"

eric, i told brian andaloro about this as well so he's thinking about coming as well...
What wheels did you pick up? Mercedes comes to mind.........

I know Brian was planning on coming last year, but had headlight issues......... , so hopefully he can make it this year.

I'll post this in the vortex in a couple of weeks, since I figured I would give TDICub members the 1st chance to sign up.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
What wheels did you pick up? Mercedes comes to mind.........

I know Brian was planning on coming last year, but had headlight issues......... , so hopefully he can make it this year.

I actually picked up 2 sets of wheels...

first 18" porsche wheels with improper tires so a terrible test fit....

second i picked up a set of AMG Aero II wheels that need to be refinished due to corrosion under the clear coat, which just means they get to look really good once they go on

this is what mine will likely end up looking like...

jasonTDI

TDI
And your dying automatic....Those won't help.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
Ended up going the aftermarket warranty route for a rebuilt auto trans...for now. Might be coming to you in fall now for a manual depending on how much I make this summer.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Contact Darkhorse - I'm sure he would up for a little dyno action.
I'm pretty interested to see Richards car, since he added all the upgrades:D Hopefully he finds this thread, otherwise I'll send him a pm encase he missed it.

I actually picked up 2 sets of wheels...

first 18" porsche wheels with improper tires so a terrible test fit....

second i picked up a set of AMG Aero II wheels that need to be refinished due to corrosion under the clear coat, which just means they get to look really good once they go on

this is what mine will likely end up looking like...
Not bad. Do you need adapters for both? I like the Porsche wheels over the AMG, but both would look good on your car;)

ducesrwld

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Contact Darkhorse - I'm sure he would up for a little dyno action.

i'd like to see his car as well in person and to compare set ups. just put a down payment on a 6 speed from ryanp. this build just keeps getting more expensive but can't imagine dumping this kind of coin and not doing it the right way from the get go. taking a trip to matt's this sunday and it'll be out there for a month....maybe more.

PoochiePD

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Tempest Blue Jetta
Go ahead and add me to the list, I'd be curious to see what mine's putting down, and maybe give me a goal for the future...

...if the wife will let me haha.

ducesrwld

Veteran Member
TDI
none
poochie - what car did your gt2056 come off of? i'm putting a mercedes gt2056 in mine.

PoochiePD

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Tempest Blue Jetta
Mine came off a Liberty--got it directly from the mechanic who took it off at 50K for being carboned up.
I bought it for $300, took it apart, cleaned it much better than the mechanic had, and threw it all together while I had the engine out for it's "freshening". :cool:

jasonTDI

TDI
Go ahead and add me to the list, I'd be curious to see what mine's putting down, and maybe give me a goal for the future...

...if the wife will let me haha.
Just shut the phone off....;) Deal with it later.

jasonTDI

TDI
I should bring the Yukon down. Interesting to see what some mods to it will do. Honestly.....I LIKE that big truck. It's a 96' so its got the Vortec 350 so it's got some and it's 5134lbs compared to the new ones at 5800+. Did a bunck of suspension upgrades already. While it's not a lowered modded Jetta it'll hustle for a truck. I digress....

PoochiePD

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Tempest Blue Jetta
Just shut the phone off....;) Deal with it later.
Knowing her she might actually want to come along--I just have to phrase it with "...and dinner anywhere you want afterward, I'm buying." :D

I should bring the Yukon down. Interesting to see what some mods to it will do. Honestly.....I LIKE that big truck. It's a 96' so its got the Vortec 350 so it's got some and it's 5134lbs compared to the new ones at 5800+. Did a bunck of suspension upgrades already. While it's not a lowered modded Jetta it'll hustle for a truck. I digress....
Do it Jason...you know you want to...I'd be curious to see the results too.