In Anaheim on Vacation and threw a code, anyone with Vag-Com around?

scrichy84

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta, Manual
As the title states, one the way here on Vacation I threw a code and got the old "Emissions workshop" on the MFD. If anyone around the Anaheim area has vag com to help me check the code it would be much appreciated. I will be here a couple more days, then I have a 1040 mile drive home.

Thanks all.

dlai

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Passat, Stonehenge Gray, 2002 Black Golf 5M
You're pretty close to Harv. Drive over there and I'm sure he can help you:

Wild Rose Motors, Ltd.
13253 Meyer Rd.
Whittier, CA 90605

scrichy84

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta, Manual
Thanks dlai! I'll give him a call tomorrow, hopefully he will be around on Saturday as tomorrow I will be chillin with Mickey and Minnie.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
Can you stop by an O'reillys or something? Don't normal OBD readers read VW code? Hope your weather was better than ours, we left Magic Mt earlier this week and lost a day to rain.

scrichy84

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta, Manual
I tried AutoZone and OReilly's, but apparently it is CA and Hawaii law that the auto parts stores can't read codes...but come to find out, the tune I bought back in '07 from Kerma can with a QLoader that is able to read codes. I don't use it much, but I dusted it off this morning and played around with it, reading and clearing the code.

The weather has been better than Portland, but we are all done with Disney, so with the rain coming in, we are blowing this popsickle stand in the morning.

marleyi

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI 2015 Golf Sportswagen
Pep boys will scan codes in CA for free, just have to be part of their rewards program. I moved out to Ca from TX and think that's an insanely stupid law. Most places will loan you their scanner as well but won't check it for you.

scrichy84

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta, Manual
Thanks all. I had taken my tune off for the drive down to Cali, and put it back on for the drive home (fun all over again). Made it home last night after 1020 miles and 17 hours in a car with a 4 year and a 10 month old. Best part about the drive...no CEL.