2001 TDI Beetle lift pump

hrjack99

TDI
2011 Jetta, 2004 Jetta
I have a 2001 Beetle that is not getting fuel to the fuel filter. The manual I have says the fuel pump fuse is 2-28 at 15amps. I do not have a fuse or fuse holder hardware at 2-28. Does anyone know where the correct fuse is?
Thanks,

hrjack99

TDI
2011 Jetta, 2004 Jetta
So the IP creates a vacuum to lift the diesel? The hose to the fuel filter seems dry.

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
There is no lift pump on your 2001 car.

If you have an air leak, the pump under the hood (timing belt driven) will not be able to pull fuel from the tank.

If you changed the filter or disturbed the fuel system in anyway, that will cause it to drain back to the tank.

The best option is to use a vacuum pump (mityvac hand pump is commonly used) to pull fuel from the tank.

It is common for cars the age of yours to have a plugged fuel pickup assembly in it.

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
There is no lift pump on your 2001 car.

If you have an air leak, the pump under the hood (timing belt driven) will not be able to pull fuel from the tank.

If you changed the filter or disturbed the fuel system in anyway, that will cause it to drain back to the tank.

The best option is to use a vacuum pump (mityvac hand pump is commonly used) to pull fuel from the tank.

It is common for cars the age of yours to have a plugged fuel pickup assembly in it.

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
Yep, the manual tries to cover all the gasser and diesel models, but doesn't distinguish very well between the many versions.
Air leak in the fuel delivery lines/fittings or a clogged/broken fuel pickup assembly.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
This may not work for a modern TDI ALH MKIV ................but, in desperation, I have placed a "rag" around a compressed air hose and put it in the fuel filler hole .........yes, blowed fuel up to the filter and out on the old MK1s! ......worked!