Car not starting - help

Claudio

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta SW
Hello

i have a 09 JSW that is not starting.

It sounds like it is hydrolocked.

The car has been off in my driveway since friday afternoon, i'm in chicago we had snow all weekend and now we have polar temperature (-15), i tried to start my car last night and did not start, the error i get is Oil Pressure low which is the same i had when the car was hydrolocked because of the iced IC issue. I had the upgrade for that from VW but i guess it did not fix it :)

Anyway because of the amount of snow and the bitter cold i have to chance to clean the IC, any other suggestions?

I did not force the car to start as i was afraid.

Thanks

C.

Claudio

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta SW
forgot to mention the last 2 tanks have been with PS white + biodiesel

philngrayce

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta, '06 Jetta, Both Gone '13 Leaf, Gone Liberty CRD, Subaru Forrester and MB300SD
Biodiesel at -15 is not very good. Do you know what percentage BD you have?

Still, that shouldn't cause a low oil pressure warning, unless that is just because it didn't start. You could try warming the filter, fuel lines and intake with a hair dryer. But if the tank and lines are gelled, it will only run for a moment anyway.

Claudio

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta SW
i believe is B11, is the only thing you find in IL (well, pretty much, but 100% of all fuel station in my area have B11 because of a tax break).
I had PS white for the last 2 tanks, that should have helped with the gelling.
That's why i believe it is the IC frozen.

it is supposed to go above freezing on friday, i will try again then i guess.

i'm using my wife T&C today (which by the way started at the first attempt at -12 yesterday after sitting all night in the driveway at -20) and will work from home tomorrow

Claudio

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta SW
lol i went to menards to get some D911 just in case, and the shelf was empty! :)