Photobucket Fix

phaser

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta PD - 490k
TDI Club member Millennium Falcon found a Photobucket Fix

Not many read the "TDIClub and TDIClub Forum News, Issues, Problems and Suggestions" forum on a regular basis, so I'm posting a link for those interested.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=482277

Until photobucket disables this fix, I'd suggest that if you come across important threads with photobucket images, that you make a pdf or Microsoft XPS Document Writer etc copy to preserve the thread with the images.

Last edited:

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
Good find, but it's better in the long run to just let PhotoBucket fade away.

Clearly they plan to not exist anymore.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
I still have all my pics on SDs or other places. Fortunately, I never linked very many to PB. In fact, I started a couple of years ago replacing my PB pics with links to the TDI photo gallery. I was almost finished when this crap from PB hit!

phaser

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta PD - 490k
If you have Firefox installed on your Android phone, the Firefox add on should work.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
But there are other sites where you run into the same problem !!!

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
The main purpose it seems to me is to be able to recover "lost" posts and easily remake them into something useable again. Using any sites own server is always better for the site as they have control over all their own stuff. PB will probably break this work around in short order so time is limited for those who want to fix their threads or download themselves for posterity.

drucifer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta sw tdi pd
The main purpose it seems to me is to be able to recover "lost" posts and easily remake them into something useable again. Using any sites own server is always better for the site as they have control over all their own stuff. PB will probably break this work around in short order so time is limited for those who want to fix their threads or download themselves for posterity.
What he said!