Bosch injector calibration

miatamike203

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk4 jetta Tdi
I can't find any place in the northeast that can calibrate my race 520 nozzles to the pressures i need. 230/320 bar perssures.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
buy a surface grinder
buy a 0-1 mic that reads tenths
buy a porta-power
buy a suitable pressure gauge
buy a lathe to make the necessary adapters (I found that M14 lug studs from GM trucks work great as they're the same thread as the injector bodies)
and a bunch of other scientific apparatus you can source from your local meth lab
make the injectors single stage
set the pressures all close enough to the same
assemble the injector lines on the pump 90 deg off and put the injectors in the proper order so each gets fuel from its proper delivery valve
use an old computer power supply to give the QA 5V and the shut down plunger 12v
put 1/4" rubber hose over the nozzles into graduated cylinders
spin the IP with an electric drill until you've got a good amount of fuel to measure
increase pintle lift on injectors with low output
or just plop them on there, hope for the best and call it good enough
My dssr 360s are single stage converted and set to somewhat similar opening pressures, but not flow balanced at all, seem to work just fine so far.

miatamike203

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk4 jetta Tdi
buy a surface grinder
buy a 0-1 mic that reads tenths
buy a porta-power
buy a suitable pressure gauge
buy a lathe to make the necessary adapters (I found that M14 lug studs from GM trucks work great as they're the same thread as the injector bodies)
and a bunch of other scientific apparatus you can source from your local meth lab
make the injectors single stage
set the pressures all close enough to the same
assemble the injector lines on the pump 90 deg off and put the injectors in the proper order so each gets fuel from its proper delivery valve
use an old computer power supply to give the QA 5V and the shut down plunger 12v
put 1/4" rubber hose over the nozzles into graduated cylinders
spin the IP with an electric drill until you've got a good amount of fuel to measure
increase pintle lift on injectors with low output
or just plop them on there, hope for the best and call it good enough
My dssr 360s are single stage converted and set to somewhat similar opening pressures, but not flow balanced at all, seem to work just fine so far.

I have the lathe and i have a old bottle jack i could build the pop tester but with what im also working on i dont know if i wanna go single stahe

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
only downsides I've found reference to are higher NOx emissions (same as advancing your injection timing, larger nozzles, or both) and more noise, which I didn't notice at all when I swapped mine over.

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Jetta,94 Golf drag car 585bhp,Samurai buggy BHW 300bhp,97 Ram cummins
I'm working on setting up my newly acquired ALH Gibonta DLC .240 nozzles using an ebay/india pop tester and the homemade test tool to be able to test both stage pressures separately.I just broke the handle on the tester tonight but will have it fixed soon.Seems that 300+ bar is just too much for this pop tester.I had a couple of #3 injector cores and one just happened to test at 215/310 bar without any work so I'm just setting the other three to the same within +/- 5 bar approx.Should be interesting to see how they work.

miatamike203

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk4 jetta Tdi
I'm working on setting up my newly acquired ALH Gibonta DLC .240 nozzles using an ebay/india pop tester and the homemade test tool to be able to test both stage pressures separately.I just broke the handle on the tester tonight but will have it fixed soon.Seems that 300+ bar is just too much for this pop tester.I had a couple of #3 injector cores and one just happened to test at 215/310 bar without any work so I'm just setting the other three to the same within +/- 5 bar approx.Should be interesting to see how they work.
Nice i would try to do them myself but i dontbhave shims or know where to buy shims. I wish DBW would do them but i know they won't as i got the nozzles used. They did a great job on my pp520. I had found a place in CA that will do them but there wait time is long.