Trade, motorcycle for TDI

BadNewsMike

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta TDI
I have a Mk3 Tornado Red on black GL TDI, its lowered on EIbach springs, momo wheels. New TB 10k ago, it has 210 on it and rising as I do DD it the motor and turbo where replaced at 120k. its only seen one winter( and are winter was weak) so the body is clean. I also have GLS wheels for winter wheels I can include. I believe its chipped as it feels quicker then a stock one but ive never looked into it.
I dont have any pictures handy but i can get some if there was interest.

I've been looking for a F650GS but I have 3 cars should consolidate. lol

30Bones

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg TDI
Tempting and semi interested. Distance being the kicker. I am new to all the TDI lingo, but your Mk3 seems like a nice car. Pics would help and you can email me directly if you want.

30bones at gmail

BadNewsMike

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta TDI
Mk3 is the older body style. 93-99 the MK4 is the bigger box 99-05 then MK5 06-08 then what you have is the MK6.

THe MK3 uses the AUH which requires a 60k belt change, I have no idea why, and the Water pump is NOT driven off the timing belt. these motors are very sound my parents had a MK3 tdi that the cluster rolled over back to 0. they dont have cam issues the pumps wont ever fail minus blowing out seals (which i replaced the seals on this one 5k ago) the clutch was replaced at 120 and is super strong,

Here is a quick pic I snapped of the car. I have all the moldings in eather red or black. the car also has the GLX tails with the smoked top, and a GLX cluster so its white faced. and a GLX spoiler.

I have no problem driving out and riding back. or I can tow the TDI out and tow the bike back depending on what weather is looking like.

30Bones

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg TDI
Assume manual? Brings back memories of a 94 gas GLS I owned back in 99 that was a total lemon and turned me off to VW's until I bought my JSW.

Let me think on it. How soon are you wanting to make a trade? I am in no rush and the bike has not been ridden in over a month sitting on the battery tender.

BadNewsMike

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta TDI
not in a rush ether, I mean it would be nice to get before the riding season ends. lol

Yes its 5 speed manual. the Diesels ARE MUCH better then the gasser counter part and being a GL you wont EVER have the window issues im sure your gls suffered from.

and when your ready i can give you a video walk around of the car and a video ride along.

How is the bike 2-up? my wife is usally with me when we ride one of the reasons I was looking at BMW bikes i know they are great 2-up. I personally have never owned a Honda bike. Ive had everything from suzuki kawi yamaha and bmw.

30Bones

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg TDI
The GLS was just a pile all around. We unloaded it after a year and several trips to the dealer for vacuum lines leaking for the windows and the trans slipping to check engine lights.

Never had a passenger on it. I had a triumph Sprint ST before this (same style bike) and it was great 2 up. The VFR with the bags (built in backrest) and $$ seat I can't imagine it would suck to sit on it for hours. I'll take the fiance for a spin soon and report back.

My timeline is busy right now. Lots of road trips and planning a wedding so there might be a small window to do this should we choose.

BadNewsMike

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta TDI
Ohhhh you had an auto mk3 man I wouldn't wish that car on my worst enemy.

Let me know what your schedule is like and we can make it work. I manage a repair shop and volunteer alot of my time so like you my life is nuts. but ive been looking for a bike to ride back and forth to work as parking is super limited.

the positive is the MK3 is one of the lighter turbo diesels you can get and usually reports the best MPG. this is also a GL so no roof, no power windows, no power mirrors, so not alot to brake and super light. I see 40mpg city driving with the AC on. every option it does have (cruise, ac,key-less entry) work flawlessly.