Camshaft replacement pd

Pike25lb

TDI
Hi all I'm not sure if this is in the right section
I have a 2010 skoda scout 2.0tdi pd the cam shaft is worn so I am thinking of replacing it but I dont want to move the timeing side of things also dont have a vcd to fine tune the timeing so is there a way I can just do a straight cam swap and keep the timeing side fixed any vids or advice thanks

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Welcome to the TDI forums!
This isn't the correct section, however I can answer that you will likely have to loosen the timing belt to replace the camshaft. I am unfamiliar with your particular engine, but I've never seen a "don't loosen the timing belt" way of servicing a camshaft. Good luck!

Pike25lb

TDI
This isn't the correct section, however I can answer that you will likely have to loosen the timing belt to replace the camshaft. I am unfamiliar with your particular engine, but I've never seen a "don't loosen the timing belt" way of servicing a camshaft. Good luck!
Hi thanks what section shall I post in
Also thinking is the same as the jetter engine 1.9

Pike25lb

TDI
Hi thanks what section shall I post in
Also thinking is the same as the jetter engine 1.9

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds