Black Grille on Passat NMS

passatti

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
This is what two tone black grille looks like on Passat NMS.
This is a grille from ebay, that appears to be genuine VW part that fits on 2012 Passat, but seems to be missing the horizontal chrome bars....

Chromed plastic pieces were removed and painted satin black to achieve this look...

MK05HJ09

TDI
'13 B7 TDI SE 6MT '15 B7 TDI SEL DSG
I like that. I've been on the fence about plasti-dipping the chrome on my grille.

Moltenburn

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 B7 Passat 2.0 TDI
Ditto, I am doing this once I install my headlights hopefully this weekend.

JdC Machine

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Passat TDI SEL
Genuine VW part you say? Is there any lettering in the molded plastic that confirms? If so, what is the part number? I think this would look good on mine.

TDI2000Zim

Veteran Member
TDI
VW hat meinen '14 Passat TDiSE getötet.
Bah, it will only make the Passat look like the Jetta.

Thunderstruck

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GTI SE 6M
Yea, but the chrome grill makes the Passat look like one of the rappers when he smiles. The only thing the chrome grill is missing is a few diamonds. I've considered doing it to mine, but keeping the VW logo as is for some contrast.

TDI2000Zim

Veteran Member
TDI
Yea, but the chrome grill makes the Passat look like one of the rappers when he smiles. The only thing the chrome grill is missing is a few diamonds. I've considered doing it to mine, but keeping the VW logo as is for some contrast.
It is one big ugly grille indeed.

Wouldn't it be better that VW had a similar grill to the Mercedes Benz...?

which Mazda is emulating...

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Yikes. Not my cup of tea at all. Save that mesh stuff for the CTS-V and chicken coops. ;)

TDI2000Zim

Veteran Member
TDI
On second thought, it would be interesting for the Passat if the current four chromed bars grill was replaced with a single chrome bar surrounded by the black plastic hexagonal 'chicken wire mesh' to imitate the lower spoiler 'grill'.

passatti

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
Genuine VW part you say? Is there any lettering in the molded plastic that confirms? If so, what is the part number? I think this would look good on mine.
One I got (from ebay) has part number 561 853 651 A OQE

PaulB

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE M6
There's no accounting for taste. :D

I like the chrome. Diamonds sound good too, but I think rhinestones would be more classy. :)

Actually the fake mesh lower side grills irritate me. Probably aren't too good for aerodynamics either.

gringojosh

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
If you black out the horizontal chrome up to the first vertical bar, and black the “V” and the chrome circle, you get the Waylon Jennings logo (also looks like Wonder Woman).