LED license plate lights

Herkguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 passat SE sun/nav
Before ground light

After ground light (hard to get the correct light freq) but not over powering, just slightly brighter than stock

My phone picks up more blue than is visible by naked eye, if I can get a better shot I will. I did use VCDS and it eliminated bulb error when LED light for license is selected.;) I love VCDS!!

Anyways these do work for $13 total if you have access to VCDS.

If any of you stock 14-15 owners can get a shot of your factory plate lights at night it would be nice to compare brightness and light spectrum.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I've had issues with those particular LED modules blinking individual diodes when they have been on for extended periods. Hopefully you don't experience the same.

Herkguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 passat SE sun/nav
Thanks, good to know, I'll have to check them occasionally.
Was it this brand or just the type?

JdC Machine

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Passat TDI SEL
Finally bit the bullet and bought a pair from a dealer. Kinda left a bad taste in my mouth for $71 each! Ohh well. I like them.

jaredaggie

TDI
2000 ALH, Black, 5M; 2013 Passat TDI 2.0 6MT
Thanks for post OP. Added these tonight. Super easy, look perfect. Found a set on ebay using part number listed, great bargain. Thanks again Robert.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
glad to see at least a few people plan to keep the Passat :D

jolvi1

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Robert,

Think you could get a number for the trunk light and the connector? I want to add another on the other side of the trunk opening.

Mike
Not sure if you have taken care of this but seeing as how the light is down low on the passenger side of vehicle I got two led strips and ran wire from top of trunk behind subwoofer and spliced it into existing trunk light that way light is at the top and really lightens it up.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
wish there was something better in the tail light department, following the wife home threw severe weather I noticed that the rear lights suck compared to other rigs on the road :(