Radio code RNS510

1975 Kombi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta, 2011 Touareg TDI, 1992 D Jetta, 1992 TD Jetta, 2001 NB TDI, 1992 Golf coupe D
Radio code RNS510 HELP!!!!

Can anyone get a radio code for an RNS510. Apparently VW as of 3 months ago removed the code portal for retrieving codes via vin.
I called my local VW dealership today and they said the only way now is to bring the car in and ODB scan it to get the code. My parts guy used to just give me the code over the phone. I'm in Ontario Canada.
If anyone as a good parts guy that can give him the code for free let me know. I'm not sure if this is all VW or just Canada.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Last I heard/read was they have to plug it in and it connects back to Germany to get the code. No human interaction any more.

1975 Kombi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta, 2011 Touareg TDI, 1992 D Jetta, 1992 TD Jetta, 2001 NB TDI, 1992 Golf coupe D
Yep same here. Sounds like they want to shut down all the Techs that had side businesses going for radio codes. Now VW makes the $30 for the code. Well I'm trying a to get5 a software that connects via the RS232 port to force the RNS510 to cough up the code. lol

dacianus

TDI
2003 jetta tdi gls
No , i am really new on this forum , but i read a post here, saying that the code for the radio is located in the trunk , where the spare tire is, near VIN id. Please double check that , should be if i remember correctly near the sidewall of spare tire location.

1975 Kombi

Veteran Member
TDI
Update: I found a way to retrieve the pin code while on the bench. An electronic back door. So it worked like a charm. She's alive!!!!

I bought the radio with no sound, no words in any of the menus, no pin code and was able to retreive the pin code, install the latest firmware for my E version which corrected all the problems and then find the latest map set 8534. So unit is 99%.

Only remaining issue is the radio set to dynaudio and is bypassing the internal amp. I would like to find a way to change the radio back to the internal amp while on the bench. I can change it back via vagcom while in the car but would like to do it here on the bench.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited: