ALH Silicone Hose Kit

cr4zy3lgato

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2000
Sorry if it as been already covered, but i've searched for silicone radiator hoses for ALH engine and can't find anything...

I'm a little surprised that with all the hoses in the engine bay no one replaced the rubber yet, my Jetta is slowly leaking rad fluid (i have to fill from min to max every two or three weeks) so i want to replace all plastic fittings and did'nt really wanted to put the old hoses back...

while we're at it, isn't there performance thermostats that open faster?

Lex4TDI4Life

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf-Ute TDI GLS 5spd Manual
A few observations:

1. Do you know for sure that your coolant leak is due to a degraded hose? Water pumps and thermostats are the most likely leak points from what I have seen.

2. If your hoses really are degrading, that would be a likely sign of a fuel leak. Diesel degrades rubber.

3. Most folks around here are looking for a thermostat that opens later to enhance mpg. Are you spiking your coolant temp that quickly?

T

tyrone shoelaces

well if you read what he posted he never actually said that the hoses were suspect of leaking just that he would like to replace them, due to preventative maintinence i'm assuming, while he had everything apart. I've also looked for silicone hoses either coolant or air and have not found any kit availabe for either, but the only thing i found that you could do is buy sections/pieces and make your own kit as they sell 30, 45, 90 deg elbows and striaght pieces of all sizes.