View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2018, 06:02   #5
Smashed Ixnay
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmodge View Post
looks like you will come out of that pile smelling like a rose, that video was an incredible stroke of luck.

Well I knew it had to be at work. The only reason I didn't see it at work was because when I got back into the yard I came walking from the building and put my stuff in my passenger side, which you can't see it from that angle (and I wasn't expecting to see anything). Then when we left I did walk around to my driver door, but as I turned to go to my door I was just trying to leave, so I wasn't looking at my hood, only my door handle. Inside the car you couldn't see because of the angle.

As soon as I got home I took about two steps and saw it. It just stood out. I driving 62 miles on my way back home, but I know I would have felt something hit me with the damage that was on my hood.

I actually went back and watched it on Wednesday because I though it was a Waste Management guy next to me (saw him parked to me when I came into the yard at 3pm). I wasn't in control of the camera, so the tech just kinda skipped around towards the end. I really wasn't happy and was going to let it go, but I talked to my supervisor again later that Wednesday afternoon. He said he would have the tech show me how to work the camera so I could spend as much time as I wanted on it (I have an awesome supervisor).

This ended up happening about 50 minutes from where the tech started watching it on Wednesday. I am grateful the camera caught him doing this because I'm covered now.

I guess it doesn't matter what it cost to fix it, but your replies did answer my question, even if there is a fix, don't do it and just have the whole hood replaced. That will be the only result I will settle for since I risk the chance of it not looking good if there is a fix.

Thank you.
Smashed Ixnay is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.09075 seconds with 7 queries
[Output: 16.17 Kb. compressed to 14.70 Kb. by saving 1.47 Kb. (9.09%)]