View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2018, 15:17   #19
Torque Dorque
Fuel Economy: No data yet.

Originally Posted by Lightflyer1 View Post
The only issue I see is there is no way to know its status. If they had provided some kind of display to tell the driver where it currently was in relation to dpf regen status and the ability to start a regen early or delay one for some short time, things would be much better. I track mine using the vagdpf app (no longer supported) and have had no issues so far. Without the app though it is hit or miss unless you pay very close attention. Torque app has made some headway in monitoring the regens as well. We will see. The process works well you just don't have a clue about anything and it is kind of critical you do unless you are 70% highway or more.
Yep, basically someone decided that diesels with DPF are "for highway use only" and engineered the DPF's accordingly. So utterly stupid--and such a simple thing, you wonder how they overlooked plain common sense. They should have an interactive that lets you know something like: "I need 15 uninterrupted minutes for regen soon, please authorize when you are ready." Then the driver could defer it, but the "xx" minute time would just grow. It would decrease DPF early deaths more than any other thing, IMO.

Last edited by nicklockard; February 17th, 2018 at 15:20.
nicklockard is offline   Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.08451 seconds with 7 queries
[Output: 17.74 Kb. compressed to 15.94 Kb. by saving 1.80 Kb. (10.13%)]