View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2018, 15:12   #5
MB2VW

I couldn't care less, except how VW likes hanging HPFP failures at bad fuel.
Per 2015 VW owner's manual:
Quote:
Biodiesel use in vehicles registered in a state that has laws or regulations for biofuels
which may restrict the availability of biodiesel blends of B5 or less
Biodiesel is a domestically produced, clean-burning and renewable partial substitute for conventional
(petroleum) diesel fuel.
Your vehicle was originally designed to run on “ULSD” – Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel fuel [ASTM D-975
standard Grade No. 2-D (S15)] that complies with ASTM D-975 specifications and permits up to a
maximum blend of 5 % biodiesel (B5).
In some states, laws or regulations for biofuels may restrict the availability of biodiesel blends of B5 or
less. If your vehicle is registered in one of these states, we want to assure you that Volkswagen will
continue to honor the terms and conditions of the Volkswagen Limited Warranties that came with your
vehicle. Use only Biodiesel from high quality sources, certified by the BQ-9000 label at the fuel station
and complying to ASTM D 7467 S15, B6 to B20.
Using diesel fuel with concentrations of methyl ester biodiesel higher than 20 % (B20), such as B100
is still contrary to the terms of your Emission warranties or any other Volkswagen Limited Warranty
and remains strictly prohibited.
Biodiesel blends (up to B20) may be used in your vehicle; however, please be aware that biodiesel
has characteristics that are different from other kinds of fuel, especially petroleum-based fuels.
Biodiesel can attract water and also deteriorate with age. Small amounts of biodiesel can get into the
engine oil, but unlike petroleum diesel, it does not evaporate over time. This can cause the oil level in
the engine to rise and can affect the quality of the oil.
􀁸 Routinely check the engine oil level. A good time to do this is when you refuel, especially if you
regularly do a lot of short distance or stop-and-go driving. This will help you see if the engine oil level
is getting higher. (A rising oil level beyond the maximum indicator means an oil change is needed due
to the dilution of the oil in the system; a potential characteristic of biodiesel use) ⇒ Engine oil.
􀁸 If you ever notice that the engine oil level has risen or is above the maximum indicator, contact
your authorized Volkswagen dealer, authorized Volkswagen Service Facility or Volkswagen Customer
CARE to schedule an oil change – regardless of the time or mileage that has elapsed since you last
had an oil change performed.
􀁸 Continue to follow the oil change intervals found in the Warranty and Maintenance booklet that
came with your vehicle, and use only engine oil that expressly complies with Volkswagen quality
standard VW 507 00.
􀁸 Refuel only at trusted, commercial fueling stations that are located near main highways. These
stations are more likely to have “fresh” biodiesel fuels that have not aged significantly.
􀁸 If your vehicle will be in storage (or not driven) for several weeks or months, please completely fill
the fuel tank. If possible, fill the tank with Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel fuel [ASTM D-975 standard Grade
No. 2-D (S15)]
Since Florida isn't a mandated state, and VW isn't the easiest people to deal with on warranty claims, and my exposure is five 2015 units in my small business fleet, I thought it would be best to avoid the product.
There was a case in IL that was written up by a local paper that tipped me off on this matter.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...24-column.html
Maybe I'm to worried about this....

Biz Fleet - Two 2015 Passats SE(L), Two 2015 GSW SE
RIP:2012 Passat TDI SE (Buyback), 2000 Jetta TDI GXL
MB2VW is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.09408 seconds with 7 queries
[Output: 18.41 Kb. compressed to 16.88 Kb. by saving 1.53 Kb. (8.33%)]