View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2018, 20:56   #4
Abacus
That helpful B4 guy

Fuel Economy: And the miles just keep ticking away

Remove the three leftmost dash vents, closing them first. Then remove the headlight switch and the OBD cover. Remove all the screws you uncovered. Put the steering wheel all the way down, and release the 3 tabs holding the OBD port in if you can. If not, the bezel surround will swing out of the way enough. Gently remove the bezel, which exposes the 2 screws holding the cluster in. If they're original, the heads will be covered in red paint. If not, then the cluster has been out before.

To remove the cluster:

Remove the 2 screws and rotate the cluster down and pull it out slightly so your hand will fit behind it. Press on the sides of the 2 connectors and pull them straight off the back. The cluster is now out of the car.

Sounds like it may be a bad ground or the cluster is fried. I'd the ground checks out, I'd contact Derek White at Chubs Auto (do a search here for the contact info). He's good and inexpensive. I have 2 clusters with him now and a 3rd to send out once those come back.

Good luck.

Last edited by Abacus; January 11th, 2018 at 21:04.
Abacus is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06472 seconds with 7 queries
[Output: 16.65 Kb. compressed to 14.89 Kb. by saving 1.76 Kb. (10.55%)]