View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2018, 23:15   #2
Trade Wind
Veteran Member

In MN, a few stations will still pump your gas if you pull up to the right pump. Mostly your small town, old fashion garage and gas pump stations, like the Mobil station in my town. I've seen a few old ladies do that, especially when it's extremely cold. But it is rare that a driver would not be willing and able to pump his own gas. In the rare case a driver needs help, he can push an intercom button on the pump and the attendant from inside the station can talk and help if needed.

Last year I flew to Portland to buy a TDI to flip. Before leaving to drive back home, I stopped for fuel, and an attendant came running out towards me. I had no idea what the heck was going on. Then he said, oh, I could go ahead and fill up since it was diesel. At that point I thought he was pulling my leg, or more likely, crazy. I went inside to pay, we chatted and he explained the Oregon law. I left still not quite sure if the guy was kidding me or what. Up until then, I had no idea there were states that prevented a driver from pumping his own gas…

Last edited by Trade Wind; January 2nd, 2018 at 23:18.
Trade Wind is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06791 seconds with 7 queries
[Output: 15.24 Kb. compressed to 13.63 Kb. by saving 1.61 Kb. (10.59%)]