View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2017, 12:38  
bluebus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebus View Post
Took my car in this morning. They said it was the first one in their dealership. They wanted me to leave it since they had to call in to VW to be walked through the process, and didn't know for sure how long it would take. I'll report back when I know more.
Okay, so I just got back from picking up the car. They said that the flash itself wasn't too difficult, it was just a learning curve getting everything set up correctly since it was the first time they had done it.

I only managed to take a quick spin on the interstate and around town a little, but so far so good. I am not a car expert, by any means, but this is my daily driver, and from what I can tell, not too much has changed, and what has is actually better (a bit).

One thing is it used to have a bit of lag from a stop that I had pretty much gotten used to. This lag now appears to be gone, and it seems to jump from first to second gear pretty quickly and smoothly now in D. It actually made it feel quicker off the line (this may be an illusion).
I was also able to pop right up on the interstate and merge in without any trouble, and without noticeable (to me) sluggishness or lag between gears. The on-ramp was uphill, if that makes any difference.

It did seem a little more sluggish than usual when accelerating from speed (65mph, to downshift to 5?) to pass on the interstate. It went, it just seemed to have a bit more hesitation than it used to. I would need more time driving to be sure of this, and this was in drive mode, not sport. Sport mode didn't really feel any different at all, but I only used that for a few accelerations in town, and not on the interstate.

It's too soon to tell about the mpg, but the display is still giving me about the same average as before dropping it off. Hope this helps a little to those who are wondering. I will update as I notice any differences this week, and I have a short road trip this weekend, which should give me more time to notice changes.
bluebus is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06307 seconds with 7 queries
[Output: 16.31 Kb. compressed to 14.84 Kb. by saving 1.47 Kb. (9.03%)]