View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2013, 09:46   #236
gforce1108
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Jetta: 44.5 summer / 47 on snows

Since rockauto is now a vendor on here, I'd like to share my recent (and last) experience... I've spent thousands on parts from them over the years. I do a bunch of work on weekends for friends/relatives and order mainly from rockauto. Had a couple minor issues in the past that were easily resolved, but not this one. New Bosal catalytic converter ($300+ piece of ill-fitting crap) cracked after a couple of months. Two gaskets needed to install (manifold and bottom seal). Contacted them and was told the cat and bottom (cheap) gasket would be covered along with shipping. I placed the identical order again (otherwise I'd have to return the defective parts ahead of time) and paid for return shipping.

They credited me for the two parts and a whopping $1.60 in shipping. I had to pay $13 shipping on the manifold gasket. I told them I'd never order from them again if they didn't make it right and they didn't care. They were very quick to remove me from their mailing list however...

All together, out $31.12 for the gasket and two way shipping. Horrible customer service. Good thing the local parts chains will match rockautos prices!

UPDATE: Offered me $11.61 in store credit after bringing it up on the forums (nothing after multiple emails), but I declined it. I appreciate the attempt, but too little, too late. Besides, store credit doesn't do anything for me since I won't be placing any more orders. If anything changes, I will report back.

UPDATE2: Since Advance Auto price matches rockauto, there is absolutely no reason to ever use them again. Returns are simple with no questions asked. I order online (many discount codes available) and pick it up in the local store.

Last edited by gforce1108; April 4th, 2015 at 07:50. Reason: posted update
gforce1108 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06195 seconds with 7 queries
[Output: 17.21 Kb. compressed to 15.41 Kb. by saving 1.80 Kb. (10.47%)]