TDI
2012 Passat TDI & Jetta TDI
Next Challenge (#834): Your TDI with a minimum 6ft tree in it

Example (my neighbour) with a maple sticking out of his sunroof

SkeeterMark

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI 6M
I think a branch works, since it's not possible to see the bottom in any scenario.
What are those two glowing, beady eyes in the back seat? Spooky.

NewLyme

Veteran Member
TDI
His 2006 Jetta TDI DSG. Hers 2016 Touareg TDI 2013 Golf TDI DSG Buyback
I think a branch works, since it's not possible to see the bottom in any scenario.
What are those two glowing, beady eyes in the back seat? Spooky.
No branch here. That tree has been growing by the back door of the garage waiting for this challenge. I've been meaning to cut it down! Thanks! :)
The two glowing, beady eyes are the drivers seat headrest supports. :eek:

Next Challenge (#835): Your TDI with at least two new storage sheds on display. Bonus points if prices are showing.

SkeeterMark

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI 6M
Ah, the headrest ghost. I see it now - or it sees me :eek:

No branch here. That tree has been growing
I thought it was going to say "in my car for two years, waiting for this challenge."

Next Challenge (#835): Your TDI with at least two new storage sheds on display. Bonus points if prices are showing.

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
It's in whatever official speed measurement local to you. So MPH in US/UK, KMH everywhere else :). The signs dont mention the units unless you're close to a border anyway.

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
It's in whatever official speed measurement local to you. So MPH in US/UK, KMH everywhere else :). The signs dont mention the units unless you're close to a border anyway.
Well, 80kph ~ 49.709 mph, so I was hoping I would need to find one 50 mph or above. ;)

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
Well, 80kph ~ 49.709 mph, so I was hoping I would need to find one 50 mph or above. ;)
C'mon, that would have been way too easy...

I keep seeing posts from ppl in TX and SoCal saying stretches of Interstate are posted 85, not sure about states further north.

Next Challenge #836: Your TDI with a Maximum speed sign of 80 or higher

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
Texas and Utah have 80 and 85 according to Wiki.
Hm, I might have to revise this after 24hrs if nobody can get it.

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
I wouldn't bet on many from up here going for this, although it's extremely easy, we take our sweet time :)

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
I wouldn't bet on many from up here going for this, although it's extremely easy, we take our sweet time :)
Not on the QEW... :p

I can't find an accurate speed limit map right now, but part of Texas is 85, Utah may be 80, but I think that is all. Montana USED to be "Reasonable and Prudent" for a short period of time back around the turn of the century, but then dropped back to 75 shortly after.

3In sections of I-10 and I-20 in West Texas and sections of Highway 45 in Travis County, the speed limit for passenger cars and light trucks is 80 mph. Speed limits may be established not to exceed 85 mph if the highway is originally constructed and designed to accommodate the higher speed and it has been determined by an engineering study to be reasonable and safe. State Highway 130 (portions toll) is operating with a posted limit of 85 mph, effective Oct. 2012.

42013 UT HB 83 expands the portion of roads that may be posted at speed limits that exceed 75 mph to include a portion of Interstate 15 that is between milepost 244 and milepost 24 or between milepost 366 and the Utah-Idaho state line; a portion of Interstate 80 that is between milepost 99 and the Utah-Nevada state line; or a portion of Interstate 84 that is between the Tremonton Interchange and the Utah-Idaho state line. The new limits, reportedly 80 mph, will become effective upon signage.

http://www.iihs.org/laws/mapmaxspeedonruralinterstates.aspx

Next Challenge #836: Your TDI with a Maximum speed sign of 80 or higher

Last edited: