***The Driving Game*** - picture scavenger hunt v2

NewLyme

Veteran Member
TDI
His 2006 Jetta TDI DSG. Hers 2016 Touareg TDI 2013 Golf TDI DSG Buyback
But I'll trade any big city with skywalks for my little town with mountain views like this.
X2 ^^ Nice picture.

I'll take the dirt roads/dirty car, Amish Buggies and horse $#!t instead of the city any day!

Almost got it shrifty. :)

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Next Challenge: (#791) Your TDI in a picture with a vehicle (not a toy) with "wood" paneling decoration. Bonus points if it is a real "Woody".

Examples:

Last edited:

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
After my last defeat, I was driving home and saw this pedestrian walkway :)

Next Challenge: (#791) Your TDI in a picture with a vehicle (not a toy) with "wood" paneling decoration. Bonus points if it is a real "Woody".

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Welcome to the game Press Enter :) Just try keep your pictures size 800x600 and when you quotes a post, please remove the image tags if that post contains a picture. This will save the server from having to load tons of quoted pictures. Don't worry, the picture URL will still show up and you can click on it if you'd like

WEB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA
Just had some at a baseball game last night. Oh, and you guys can thank my daughter for the challenge. Since it was her medal I used, it seemed only fair to let her name the challenge. :D

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Found a little time to update the stats somewhat....

April was the second busiest in history, 98 challenges, beating November by 10. :eek:

PressEnter is our latest winner, #85. Welcome. :)

WEB moves into the 50s, and the Monsters are in their 40s. NewLyme still leads all. :cool:

Centenary VII (to be named by the Monster) can arrive any moment! A new post for chapter 3 of the CHL is also imminent, plus 2 other lists in the works, one of which will need everyone's assistance to make accurate.

Current Challenge: (#793) Your TDI with a bag of blue cotton candy on the dash

apaterso

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2009
Well, stop lurking and find some blue cotton candy! :p
Eddie Papa's a local restaurant serves Blue Cotton Candy for desserts. Unfortunately I won't be going by there for 4-5 hours at the earliest, which might be too late knowing this crowd of picture snappers......

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
"Local" is the key word here. Not many of us can get to the left coast before you.;)

Eddie Papa's a local restaurant serves Blue Cotton Candy for desserts. Unfortunately I won't be going by there for 4-5 hours at the earliest, which might be too late knowing this crowd of picture snappers......

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
***The Driving Game*** Rule Refresher/Update 2013

This is the latest incarnation of OntarioVW TDI's original rules. The modifications are based solely on consensus changes and tweaks from throughout this thread's history.

The idea of this game is to post a picture that qualifies for the current challenge before anyone else. If your picture qualifies first and is deemed a winner, you get to suggest the next challenge.

#1. Pictures are to be taken of your TDI after the challenge is issued. No searching on here or google for pictures. Also, NO PHOTOSHOP is to be used to make a QUALIFYING picture. That just makes this way too easy. (If you want to add a funny caption or something that's okay though)

#2. When you are confident you are the challenge winner, you have up to an hour to post your new challenge. Otherwise, anyone can "hijack" your opportunity and post a challenge they want! This is known as the "hijack rule."

#3. Challenges typically have a 72-hour expiration. If the current challenge is unsolved at 72 hours, the proposer has one hour to offer a replacement and the clock starts over. If the original proposer does NOT name a replacement challenge in that hour, the "hijack rule" applies.

#4. When you make a challenge, please try to follow this format:

Next/Current Challenge: (#xxx) Your TDI...................

and put it in bold letters to make it easy to see. Try to include this in your other posts as well. It's not mandatory you include the current challenge in bold in EVERY post, but if many posts go by without the current challenge in bold at the bottom, try to include this in yours.

#5. You can post a picture for a previously "unsettled" challenge (went over 72 hours and passed) and get credit for it if you are the first. You don't score, but you get credit.

Forum and Game etiquette pointers:

#1, PLEASE make an effort to post pics of a reasonable web-viewing size (800 pixels wide or less), and please try to leave your picture links intact for future generations. In an effort to reduce server load and bandwidth usage, please remove image tags or the photo itself when you quote a post containing an image whenever possible or not pertainent. (this will quote an image URL rather than the image itself) Feel free to post other pictures of your TDI and show off if you like, past challenges, etc. We prefer to keep it family friendly and not take it too serious, so have fun!

Centenary Challenges:

These are special challenges or challenge events to celebrate every 100 challenges. They vary greatly each time historically, however unless otherwise noted for an especially monumental milestone, this is how they typically work:

These challenges make up the x00 challenge numbers, 600, 700, etc. (When someone wins a challenge ending in _99, their next challenge they name would be _01) A Centenary Challenge is open for a 48 hour submission period and determined by popular vote. Whoever wins the vote for their picture gets a win credit and the right to name the next Centenary. Currently the plan is to follow this procedure excepting the upcoming major 1000 challenge event.

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI & Jetta TDI
Try to include this in your other posts as well. It's not mandatory you include the current challenge in bold in EVERY post, but if many posts go by without the current challenge in bold at the bottom, try to include this in yours.
Current Challenge: (#793) Your TDI with a bag of blue cotton candy on the dash :D