***The Driving Game*** - picture scavenger hunt v2

Forza91

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL TDI, 2004 Golf GLS TDI

So I'm glad the rains parted this evening, because this is what I got to work with. I'm still stitching together the pano that I'll submit officially :cool:

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
700a???

Good morning. :)

The Mississippi River looking east into Illinois.

Not ready to call this official yet, the cloud cover was uncooperative, I'm not all that happy with it. :rolleyes:

Centenary VI currently open! #700A Your TDI at SUNRISE; #700B Your TDI at SUNSET

A two-pronged best-pic-by-vote challenge for ONE ultimate winner!

Current Challenge: (#708) Your TDI at a non-chain Mexican restaurant.

(seems familar....)

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Got one!

Current Challenge: (#707) Your TDI at a local gym
84? Where are they all coming from all of a sudden? :eek::cool:

And that's a win. What's next.

And thanks for not posing in your PJs :eek:
Ditto!

Nice pic Forza
Ditto! EDIT: I see Forza as a HUGE obstacle to me winning this thing. :eek: Hopefully Digital Corpus will stay out of it. ;) And then there's WutGas?, he could be trouble for me.....unless NewLyme clobbers us all with some gimmick in his pic that gets all the votes....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI & Jetta TDI
84? Where are they all coming from all of a sudden? :eek::cool:
I think it's the spring air bringing everyone out :D

Still a bit to cold to start working on the cars but too nice not to drive around looking for a non-chain Mexican restaurant. Seriously US people, as much as I hate giving heads up's if y'all don't find a mexican restaurant (how hard can it be) I'll get one in the next hour!

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
I think it's the spring air bringing everyone out :D

Still a bit to cold to start working on the cars but too nice not to drive around looking for a non-chain Mexican restaurant. Seriously US people, as much as I hate giving heads up's if y'all don't find a mexican restaurant (how hard can it be) I'll get one in the next hour!
Well I thought about it....but I'm trying give others a chance at this point! As it is, my latest pics have to go to court before they count anymore! :D

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Lol, the main stickler complaining about other stickers :rolleyes:

Seems Ricky's Cafe has 3 locations (http://rickyscafeokc.com/locations)... Would that be considered a chain?
Nah, 3 ain't enough...I vote it's cool. :cool:

Oh, and just how am I the main stickler, here? I resemble that remark! :mad: Here I thought I was properly non-objective all this time.......;)

Current Challenge: (#709) Your TDI with a teeter totter and monkey bars in the pic.

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
I resemble that remark! :mad: Here I thought I was properly non-objective all this time.......;)
Yes you do resemble that remark :D

You've been nicer lately, I'll give you that.

Current Challenge: (#709) Your TDI with a teeter totter and monkey bars in the pic.

MK6_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 B7 Passat TDI SEL
I would consider a chain more than six or out of state expansion.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

arne487

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf TDI, '10 TDI Cup Jetta
Next challenge (706): your TDI next to a historic site that has also been used in a Movie.

Example: the hotel from the movie the shining.
That was going to be my next challenge proposal! (if I ever win again) I live about 40 minutes from the Stanley Hotel.

My inspiration was watching the filming of Kingpin in my home town a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

arne487

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf TDI, '10 TDI Cup Jetta
Oh yeah, and the Stanley Hotel was the inspiration for the book The Shining, but it wasn't filmed there. However, it was in Dumb and Dumber! There's a pretty cool Stanley Steamer in the lobby.

Forza91

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL TDI, 2004 Golf GLS TDI
Yeah I don't think I would be able to get my car up to Timberline lodge, I'm pretty sure Mt Hood got like close to 3 feet of snow this weekend. It must be pretty out there right now though. :(

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Yeah I don't think I would be able to get my car up to Timberline lodge, I'm pretty sure Mt Hood got like close to 3 feet of snow this weekend. It must be pretty out there right now though. :(
I was thinking that this would be perfect for you. I'm busy at work and I don't want to burn the fuel to go up there.

I have some obscure ones I could get, but I really should be working.

Edit: Duh, dog. This isn't the challenge...

Last edited by a moderator:

NewLyme

Veteran Member
TDI
His 2006 Jetta TDI DSG. Hers 2016 Touareg TDI 2013 Golf TDI DSG Buyback
How about teeter-totter and parallel bars a monkey can hang on those!
This is the only teeter-totter I found at almost 10 playgrounds! If I go to any more I am sure I will have to register with any number of Law Enforcement Agencies! :eek:

Wutgas we're showing our age with this challenge. :)

Win?

NewLyme

Veteran Member
TDI
Disregard the plea for mercy! Went to an old school that closed! :p

WIN!

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
If I go to any more I am sure I will have to register with any number of Law Enforcement Agencies!
Exactly what I was thinking while driving around schools and kindergartens... How much time can I spend looking out the window at a playground before someone calls it in?

What's next?

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
This is getting confusing... NewLyme, did you post a new challenge that Monster already completed?
We're getting close to hijack time...

NewLyme

Veteran Member
TDI
Exactly what I was thinking while driving around schools and kindergartens... How much time can I spend looking out the window at a playground before someone calls it in?
Here's how much time! I had an appointment 30 miles from the house this morning, 60 mile round trip!

And wouldn't you know it the Donks were out today!
And yes those legs are over 24 inches!

Next Challenge (#710): &^$E#@^&# Chicken! :p

Last edited:

TDI_Apprentice

TDI
'13 Jetta TDI

Slightly unfair, the golf course is right outside my door. On the back left you can see the green, and in front of it is where the next tee is.. Also, you can see my TDI under the street lamp in the back of the parking lot...

Next Challenge (#711): Your TDI at a steakhouse

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
Cryptic mascot chicken message meant that your TDI at a golf course has been done already for challenge 621 (hence the link) and mr Dozen was giving a chance to mr NewLyme to come up with a different challenge... Now what? Move on and find a steakhouse?