VW Passat new Popemobile

rustycat

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat sel
VW has wanted to provide the Popemobile for several years, looks like the new guy is now riding in a Passat.

Good enough for the Pope, good enough for me! New bumper sticker

Last edited:

Yankinwaoz

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE
It is the Pope's first week at his new job. He is given a nice clean Phaeton with a driver to get around. This is a beautiful car. Armored, with a powerful motor, lots of room, and dark tinted windows. He wants to see how it handles. So he tells the driver "Please switch places with me. I want to drive this car and see how it feels."

"OK", says the driver reluctantly. He hands the pope the keys and goes and sits in the back. After all, he is the boss.

The pope hops in the front, fires it up, and take off like a bat out of hell. He likes cars, but he is old, hasn't driven in ages, and is frankly not a very good driver. He speeds off, running red lights. He gets on the Italian autobaun at high speed, weaving all over the road, nearly hitting other cars and near accidents.

An Italian Highway Patrol officers witnesses this driving and decides to pull the car over. He approaches the driver's dark tinted window, which rolls down and he sees the pope sitting there behind the wheel.

"Hold on a minute", says the officer. I'll be right back.

He goes back to his patrol car and gets his supervisor on the radio.
"Listen", he tells his boss. "I seem to have pulled over a very important person for erratic driving. I need to know how to handle this."
"How important?" asks the supervisor.
"Very, very important" the officer answers.
"It is the mayor of Rome?"
"More important".
"Is it a senator?"
"More important"
"Is it the prime minister"?
"More important".
"Is it president of the USA?"
"More important"
"Who on earth could it be!?", asked the supervisor.
"I have no idea.", answers the officer. "But he has the pope driving for him."

VWJayhawk

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium
It is the Pope's first week at his new job. He is given a nice clean Phaeton with a driver to get around. This is a beautiful car. Armored, with a powerful motor, lots of room, and dark tinted windows. He wants to see how it handles. So he tells the driver "Please switch places with me. I want to drive this car and see how it feels."

"OK", says the driver reluctantly. He hands the pope the keys and goes and sits in the back. After all, he is the boss.

The pope hops in the front, fires it up, and take off like a bat out of hell. He likes cars, but he is old, hasn't driven in ages, and is frankly not a very good driver. He speeds off, running red lights. He gets on the Italian autobaun at high speed, weaving all over the road, nearly hitting other cars and near accidents.

An Italian Highway Patrol officers witnesses this driving and decides to pull the car over. He approaches the driver's dark tinted window, which rolls down and he sees the pope sitting there behind the wheel.

"Hold on a minute", says the officer. I'll be right back.

He goes back to his patrol car and gets his supervisor on the radio.
"Listen", he tells his boss. "I seem to have pulled over a very important person for erratic driving. I need to know how to handle this."
"How important?" asks the supervisor.
"Very, very important" the officer answers.
"It is the mayor of Rome?"
"More important".
"Is it a senator?"
"More important"
"Is it the prime minister"?
"More important".
"Is it president of the USA?"
"More important"
"Who on earth could it be!?", asked the supervisor.
"I have no idea.", answers the officer. "But he has the pope driving for him."
Hahahaha - well done

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Jetta (sold), 2010 JSW (sold), 2013 Passat 6MT traded for 2014 JSW with 6MT-TOTALED in November 2016, 2003 ALH 5MT conversion (sold), wheezing 2015 GSW/DSG and a new 2021 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 p'up
I thought Phaeton was a dinosaur. Had no idea you could get one in Europe. Cool Pope-sled.