***The driving game*** - picture scavenger hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
I haven't seen 8th st on monopoly... :)
Smartarse, why don't you go borrow a TDI? :p

Isn't it St Charles PLACE?
It is, I thought that too, but alas.....I wanted that hotel in the shot. I really wanted a hotel and the street to have the same name...but couldn't find anything.

Yeah..., but we'll cut him some slack. He did get a Hotel! :)
I thought this was a really cool challenge idea, was pretty keen to win it, surprised the Monster couple didn't beat me to it.

With the grace of NewLyme:

Next Challenge: (#641) Your TDI at a go-kart track, DSI (doubtless signage included)

Last edited:

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
1:39 PST was the time it was posted, but it wasn't verified until later, and right now, I don't know what is the official time to go by.

CrazyWJ242

Veteran Member
TDI
04 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI, 03 Beetle TDI
Our local go cart track is under the snow and signage so faded i can't get a clear shot of it at night... grrr...

Sent from my big mobile screen internet thingie

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg

Cool chapel, but I guess it's owned by the local mafia now? 'Cause it looks crooked.....:p

Seriously though, there are no registered wins under the handle Monsterdog, so should this have won, I should register the win under that name, thus not adding to MonsterTDI09's win count? :confused: For future reference ya see.......

Current Challenge: (#641) Your TDI at a go-kart track, DSI (doubtless signage included)

MonsterDog

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
Cool chapel, but I guess it's owned by the local mafia now? 'Cause it looks crooked.....:p

Seriously though, there are no registered wins under the handle Monsterdog, so should this have won, I should register the win under that name, thus not adding to MonsterTDI09's win count? :confused: For future reference ya see.......:p

Current Challenge: (#641) Your TDI at a go-kart track, DSI (doubtless signage included)

:). Yes we are very careful to only use Tom's handle. We were in a rush as we were driving from NJ to VA to switch houses. The Chapel is from Elkton MD. At one time it was the 'wedding capital of the East'. :eek:

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green

Seriously though, there are no registered wins under the handle Monsterdog, so should this have won, I should register the win under that name, thus not adding to MonsterTDI09's win count? :confused: For future reference ya see.......

I have no clue why the smart phone flips the picture.:confused:

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Yes we are very careful to only use Tom's handle. We were in a rush....
Ha! I'll take some credit for that! I had mine picked out, just had to get there. ;) Sometimes playing this game involves being ready for the challenge after the current one. :rolleyes:

Cowboy_Dan

TDI
98 Jetta
With the twisty turny and narrow roads around here, it's rare to see anything over 35-40 ft much less pulling doubles/triples. At least the local companies don't use them.

Now maybe if I can find a cf, ccx, or something along those lines.....

Maybe if I
Next Challenge #642: Your TDI with a road train

NewLyme

Veteran Member
TDI
His 2006 Jetta TDI DSG. Hers 2016 Touareg TDI 2013 Golf TDI DSG Buyback
Back to Monopoly!

Next Challenge (#643): Your TDI on a real street with a sign of the same name as a street on the Monopoly Board game. Not on the same side of the board as St. Charles Place!
Bonus points if there is a House on the street!

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Back to Monopoly!

Next Challenge (#643): Your TDI on a real street with a sign of the same name as a street on the Monopoly Board game. Not on the same side of the board as St. Charles Place!
Bonus points if there is a House on the street!

Pacific AVENUE ;) (Webster Groves, MO)

Exactly catty-corner from St. Charles Place, three houses! That'll be $900 please! :D

Next Challenge: (#644) Your TDI at a Mom 'n' Pop Doughnut Shop
(ie, not Dunkin' or Krispy Kreme or supermarket or gas station, etc)

jtnf

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 B7 Passat
Pacific AVENUE ;) (Webster Groves, MO)

Exactly catty-corner from St. Charles Place, three houses! That'll be $900 please! :D

Next Challenge: (#644) Your TDI at a Mom 'n' Pop Doughnut Shop

You, sir, are out of control!

Do we have anybody in (or near) Claire, Michigan? I'd like to see Cops N' Donuts get some photo-scavenger-hunt luvvin. :)

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
You, sir, are out of control!
Me? :eek: NewLyme is the nutter! My excuse is I drive around and remember where stuff is for a living. He probably has a real job! :rolleyes:

Current Challenge: (#644) Your TDI at a Mom 'n' Pop Doughnut Shop

(Additional: I can locate all the state streets, Boardwalk, Park Place, Marvin Gardens, St. James, Ventnor and Atlantic, all in St Louis County or City. 3-4 remaining I didn't see.)

Last edited:

NewLyme

Veteran Member
TDI
(Additional: I can locate all the state streets, Boardwalk, Park Place, Marvin Gardens, St. James, Ventnor and Atlantic, all in St Louis County or City. 3-4 remaining I didn't see.)
And which would those be!!?? :D

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
And which would those be!!?? :D

Mm, Oriental, North Carolina, Mediterranean, maybe Baltic. There's a neighborhood with a theme of them. There's a "chance" drive too. :rolleyes:

On a side note, I also know an apartment complex and all the streets are brand-names of liquor!

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last Real Jetta Sedan

#645 - Your TDI parked next to a Mercedes CDI - picture from the rear required.

Last edited:

NewLyme

Veteran Member
TDI
With the twisty turny and narrow roads around here, it's rare to see anything over 35-40 ft much less pulling doubles/triples. At least the local companies don't use them.
Now maybe if I can find a cf, ccx, or something along those lines.....
Maybe if I
Hey Cowboy Dan, here's a road train I saw today! This Tractor and these Trailers would make it through those roads! :)

Last edited:

NewLyme

Veteran Member
TDI
Current Challenge (#645): Your TDI parked next a Mercedes CDI - picture from the rear required.

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
I'm hoping to HIJACK again and propose next to a Tesla, I've seen at least one a day so far here in CA. If the current challenge hasn't been met, mine would probably be impossible... :)

Current Challenge (#645): Your TDI parked next to a Mercedes CDI - picture from the rear required.

Status
Not open for further replies.