***The driving game*** - picture scavenger hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELM

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Beetle 5 speed swap
Next Challenge #585: Your TDI at a White Castle. (Fast food or actual castle)

Well I guess I'm out on this one. We don't have white castle burgers or any white castles that I know of only a brick one.

WEB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA
After 13 hrs of driving yesterday, I'm finally back home. Now to get back into the game. :)

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Next Challenge: (#587). Your TDI at a famous 'natural' landmark. For example a cavern , grand canyon. Not a man made object.

MonsterTDI09

TDI
Next Challenge: (#587). Your TDI at a famous 'natural' landmark. For example a cavern , grand canyon. Not a man made object.
Since you made my wife drive 1.5 hours to the Luray Caverns for that win!

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
If its a tourist attraction of some type works for me!
I'm trying to rack my brain for anything natural around here that will work....

Could someone finish this soon? I have my lackey coming over to complete some challenges, but this one has us stumped :D

Don't think I can classify this as a natural landmark http://www.nps.gov/jofl/index.htm

Current Challenge: (#587). Your TDI at a famous 'natural' landmark. For example a cavern , grand canyon. Not a man made object.

Last edited:

MonsterDog

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
I'm trying to rack my brain for anything natural around here that will work....

Could someone finish this soon? I have my lackey coming over to complete some challenges, but this one has us stumped :D

Don't think I can classify this as a natural landmark http://www.nps.gov/jofl/index.htm

Current Challenge: (#587). Your TDI at a famous 'natural' landmark. For example a cavern , grand canyon. Not a man made object.
Complain complain complain! PA ranks 3rd of all US states with Natural Landmarks! You should have this one in the bag:p:p:p

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE

Best I could do so far. The road on the way down was covered in deep snow, I'd never make it back up if I went down. Considered it, but realize there is no way out of that one!

Last edited:

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Next Challenge (#588): Your TDI with a highway route sign with at least 2 or more of the same digit in the number, does not need to be consecutive. Sample Picture:

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Sorry krauseengineer, no good. It has to be 2 of the same digit on the same route number as seen in my sample.

Around here, I can easily get US119, PA711, US22, US422, US322, US220, I99....

Next Challenge (#588): Your TDI with a highway route sign with at least 2 or more of the same digit in the number, does not need to be consecutive.

Last edited:

MonsterTDI09

TDI
How about this?

Last edited:

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
How about this?

I can't tell, but I don't think so. The route needs to have at least 2 of the same digit, not the same digit on two signs.

For example, where I am I can get US119, PA711, US22, US422, US322, US220, PA553, I99....

Last edited:

MonsterDog

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
I can't tell, but I don't think so. The route needs to have at least 2 of the same digit, not the same digit on two signs.

For example, where I am I can get US119, PA711, US22, US422, US322, US220, PA553, I99....
Ohhhhh now I get it. I was confused with your original example! Oh well not going out again!

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Ohhhhh now I get it. I was confused with your original example! Oh well not going out again!
Coincidently, my original example had two examples of what I was looking for which probably added to the confusion ;)

Next Challenge (#588): Your TDI with a highway route sign with at least 2 or more of the same digit in the number, does not need to be consecutive.

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
So now I'm even more confused. You only needed 1 sign? Not 2 with the same numbers! Your 2nd example said 119 and 711 etc.
Correct. I was only looking for ONE sign, with at least TWO or more of the same number in the route. My example picture just happened to have 2 of those examples, with the same number twice! :confused:

The list of roads I had were all examples of a highway sign in my area that are acceptable, as they all have 2 of the same number in the route.

Last edited:

krauseengineer

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Jetta JSW 6M
Next Challenge #589: Your TDI next to a caboose with a different use.
Like a diner, ice cream stand, or my favorite one that I've seen, a line of them turned into motel rooms.

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Next Challenge #589: Your TDI next to a caboose with a different use.
Like a diner, ice cream stand, or my favorite one that I've seen, a line of them turned into motel rooms.

Looks like I may need to go back to Laurel Caverns for this, I saw one on the way. I was going to take a picture of it too for a future challenge example pic... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.