Status
Not open for further replies.

MonsterDog

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
I have never seen a Tastycake truck. :p

Current Challenge: (#576) Your TDI with a 'Tastycake' delivery truck
Funny part is we usually live near Philly. Home of Tastycake. Even have a factory there. Never seen a truck either.

I move to VA. And my neighbor drives a Tastycake truck.

Go figure!:cool:

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Funny part is we usually live near Philly. Home of Tastycake. Even have a factory there. Never seen a truck either.
I move to VA. And my neighbor drives a Tastycake truck.
Go figure!:cool:
I've seen the trucks before, but it has been awhile. Need to go driving a bit to see what I can find.

krauseengineer

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Jetta JSW 6M
It will be hard to find one. They are all owner operator so they don't normally plaster it all over their truck. Usually it just says it small on the door or the bottom corner of the box. As far as people not having them in their area, They were recently bought out by Flowers Bakery, which is like the second biggest commercial Baker in the world (next to the one I work for, Bimbo Bakeries USA, which is the biggest), so they will most likely be expanding the coverage area for tastycake.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Interesting times here on the ol game thread....not bad, but hey, it's winter. This is our first winter too, uncharted waters so to speak. :)

Makes my list less out of date for a longer time though, handy when life gets busy.:eek: I've already driven over 2400 miles this month, at maybe 33 mph! :rolleyes:

The Munsters :eek:
:)
Remind me not to hire you as my publicity agent! :p

I have never seen a Tastycake truck. :p
Me either. But one never knows, one may roll through here.

It will be hard to find one. They are all owner operator so they don't normally plaster it all over their truck. Usually it just says it small on the door or the bottom corner of the box. As far as people not having them in their area, They were recently bought out by Flowers Bakery, which is like the second biggest commercial Baker in the world (next to the one I work for, Bimbo Bakeries USA, which is the biggest), so they will most likely be expanding the coverage area for tastycake.
So are you saying any delivery truck that delivers Tastycakes qualifies? Quiktrip has them for a while a few years ago, I could get a pic of one of those....

THE FOLLOWING IS IN RESPONSE TO THE WHOLE THREAD AND EVERYONE WHO EVER ACCIDENTALLY CLICKED ON IT EVER, EVER:

We used to make more of a faff about how "regional" we should try to make the challenges.

After five hundred or so, it's okay and likely necessary to worry less about how universal they are for everyone to get all the time, I just wanted to state the above observation. Take it for what you will. :)

Forza91

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL TDI, 2004 Golf GLS TDI
Challenge (#573): Your TDI with a Hollywood Esque sign in the background (perfer up on a hill) displaying the towns name.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Come on guys you can do this one:D Don't forget to think out side the box.

WEB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA
Someone needs to get a tasty looking cake, put it in a pic with a delivery truck and TDI....;)

ELM

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Beetle 5 speed swap
Hijack

Challenge #476:Your TDI with a 'Tastycake' delivery truck

Next challenge #477:Your TDI with a water tower that has a towns name on it. And it has to have straight sides.

Like this.

Not like this

Last edited:

fnjimmy!

Chucklechump
TDI
TDIdiot
Hijack

Challenge #476:Your TDI with a 'Tastycake' delivery truck

Next challenge #477:Your TDI with a water tower that has a towns name on it. And it has to have straight sides.

Like this.

Impossible, a cylinder doesn't have any straight sides.

ELM

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Beetle 5 speed swap
Yes the edges need to be parallel.
Here are some examples of the type of tower.

Last edited:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
From Wikipedia the following cities have a similar sign.
Mosgiel, New Zealand
Braşov, Romania
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Think Blue sign in the mountains north of Dodger Stadium.
Mutanj, Serbia
Hervanta, Finland
Hammarstrand, Sweden
Antananarivo, Madagascar
Keelung, Taiwan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_Sign#section_5
I haven't visited this thread in a while, so this is a week old, but there's also another "HOLLYWOOD" sign in the town of Hollywood, Ireland about 20 miles SSW of Dublin in County Wicklow. We were on vacation so we didn't have our TDI, but here's a pic.

jtnf

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 B7 Passat
Yes that's a win. I like your first picture better though. All you needed was a paint brush :D There was already a ladder there :eek:
Insert mandatory Jeff Foxworthy quote:

"If you've ever climbed a water tower with a bucket of paint to defend your sisters' honor... you might be a red neck."

:D:D:D:D:D

CrazyWJ242

Veteran Member
TDI
04 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI, 03 Beetle TDI
I haven't visited this thread in a while, so this is a week old, but there's also another "HOLLYWOOD" sign in the town of Hollywood, Ireland about 20 miles SSW of Dublin in County Wicklow. We were on vacation so we didn't have our TDI, but here's a pic.
That is Awesome! Would have made for a sick win anyways lol

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

NewLyme

Veteran Member
TDI
His 2006 Jetta TDI DSG. Hers 2016 Touareg TDI 2013 Golf TDI DSG Buyback
Yes that's a win. I like your first picture better though. All you needed was a paint brush :D There was already a ladder there :eek:
Been up that water tower many times, used to work there 25 years ago. I liked the first picture better too. Too bad no name it's a private tower.

Example picture.

Current Challenge (#578): Your TDI next to a building with a vehicle on top of it. No parking garages.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.