***The driving game*** - picture scavenger hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Noooooooo!!!! I vote sunlight! :eek:;)
Ok, I'm going to modify this one slightly.

Current Challenge (#570): Your TDI predicting 6 more weeks of winter weather (needs to see its shadow under real sunlight). Sunlight is optional if you have a groundhog in the picture with your TDI.

jtnf

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 B7 Passat
You guys are killing me - I have a beautiful bright sunny day here ("horizon to horizon severe clear" as my pilot buddy says) and my car is off running errands at the hands of a family member.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Current Challenge (#570): Your TDI predicting 6 more weeks of winter weather (needs to see its shadow under real sunlight). Sunlight is optional if you have a groundhog in the picture with your TDI.

Next Challenge (#571): Your TDI predicting 6 more weeks of winter weather (needs to see its shadow under real sunlight). Sunlight is optional if you have a groundhog in the picture with your TDI.

;):p:D:rolleyes::cool:

jtnf

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 B7 Passat
OK, I'll bite.
Has "Your TDI with a dog which weighs at least 175lbs, in or standing next to" been done?

For example:

Last edited:

jtnf

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 B7 Passat
OK, I'll bite.
Has "Your TDI with a dog which weighs at least 175lbs, in or standing next to" been done?

--Edit:
Wow... so much for copy and paste.
I'll try that again shortly...

Last edited:

jtnf

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 B7 Passat
How can you post a jpeg like that? Did you open it in notepad and copied?

It was in my image buffer in Windows - It pasted successfully into the quick-reply editor but somehow got converted to text (twice.)

Anyway, here's the example:

Einstein, the 175lb male Blue Merle Great Dane (12.5 stone according to google conversion.)
He's one of the reasons I'm keeping the jetta - I don't want to subject a new vehicle to that much abuse! It was OK when he was a pup, but he absolutely refused to ride in my truck so in the Jetta he remains.

Last edited:

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Cool! I DO get to play! (and thanks' for the milkbone, DS!)

So how about it? Any other lovers of small cars and giant dogs out there?
Well we're set up rule-wise to prevent getting stuck for more than 72 hours, and you won (congrats on your first, you are #79) so the challenge is pretty much yours to call. It's not outlandish, go for it! :)

jtnf

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 B7 Passat
Well then, I'll put it in bold and make it official :p

Next Challenge (#572): Your TDI with a dog, within or standing beside, who weighs at least 175lbs/12.5stone!

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Looks like I am out again for a few days, my suspension is broken and can't get the parts until Monday or Tuesday. :mad:

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Well, since tomorrow is Groundhog's Day....

Current Challenge (#570): Your TDI predicting 6 more weeks of winter weather (needs to see its shadow)

Next Challenge (#571): Your TDI predicting 6 more weeks of winter weather (needs to see its shadow under real sunlight). Sunlight is optional if you have a groundhog in the picture with your TDI.

;)
Nope! It's a joke....;)

You win! Next challenge? Wink wink,....!
Did no one catch this? Too subtle? It is the 20th anniversary this year you know....;)

Ok, I'm going to modify this one slightly.
Thanks, BTW ;)

Looks like I am out again for a few days, my suspension is broken and can't get the parts until Monday or Tuesday. :mad:
Well whadja do now? :confused:

What about a dog with a backback? Does that count? :D
I'd say so, just mind your dog-to-backpack weight ratio, or else PETA will fly over to Scotland and show up at your house, punch you in the face, and leave a young female fashion model dressed like a kitty-kat in a cage on your doorstep as a protest. :eek: (No really though, DON'T overload your dogs!:rolleyes:)

Current Challenge (#572): Your TDI with a dog, within or standing beside, who weighs at least 175lbs/12.5 stone!

arne487

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf TDI, '10 TDI Cup Jetta
A 160 pound dog probably eats about 15 pounds at each meal, so just feed him dinner first.

Current Challenge (#572): Your TDI with a dog, within or standing beside, who weighs at least 175lbs/12.5 stone!

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Well whadja do now? :confused:
I have no idea how I broke a spring, I just took it in for them to rotate the tires (they do it for free). They asked me if I noticed anything odd about the ride, and showed me the spring which was broken. Went to replace it, didn't have the part and it needs to be ordered. I'm out until Tuesday.

Interesting thing is that it had no affect on the ride, and the car actually rode better with a broken sping than the new 200C I am currently using :p

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Might have broken it while doing this. ;)
Yeah... about that.... :eek: :eek:

I am guessing no one is able to find a dog over 175 lbs?

Last edited:

jtnf

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 B7 Passat
I'll blame the superbowl for this thread nearly falling off the front page (bumpitty bump bump)

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
I'll blame the superbowl for this thread nearly falling off the front page (bumpitty bump bump)

I don't think it is the Superbowl that slowed it down... :rolleyes:

I should have my car back by the time this challenge is completed, should have it fixed tomorrow (hopefully!)

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Sorry you're sweatin' bullets on your very first challenge proposal there jtnf, I think the superbowl had a little to do with it.....

anyways if I spot someone walking a massive dog, I'll at least ask! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.