***The driving game*** - picture scavenger hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
So I DID in fact end up at my ace-in-the-hole quiant historical main street tonight, a real powerhouse in St. Charles, and tonight it was all lit up with lights in all the trees....but the mission was a bust! :(

So many times the cab has aided me in challenges, but tonight it sorta burned me....because some rude cop kicked me out of there for being the wrong county cab. :mad: I can actually appreciate him trying to protect their local cab business by warding off invaders, but I was there legitmately and he didn't have to be such a jerk about it. Maybe now I don't feel like bringing my business there anymore, or pitching an otherwise cool place to out-of-towners. Oh well, bum end to a bum night. :rolleyes:

With not enough to do I did a little Centenary searching....was trying to get a sign that read "Kangaroo Ct" -but apparently it's been stolen so many times they have resorted to just carving it into a scrap piece of wood.

But I did get this...it is in the "odd" category vs "funny" -I'm guessing the name goes back 150+ years and surprisingly still in use. Google wasn't helpful with any history about it though.

It was super dark, so I used the top light to luminate the print for ya!

Current Challenge: (#........wait what's going on?

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Okee Dokey then......

New Challenge: (#520) Your TDI in front of a solidly* hot pink/fuchia house/building *(you know, at least MOSTLY solidly, yeah?)

What, did you guys pass out in front of your computers? :p

MKT

Veteran Member
TDI
Ford F250 6.0, wifey has 2012 Jetta TDI
MKT- you promised us more pics, I'm watching for you!
Well, I'm trying. Planned to get an over the top decorated house in Little Rock...no Joy, the power was out. Then I knew there was a place just outside of Oklahoma City, but they had the lights shut off by the time we passed by (drove way late into the night). I have the list in the car and my 16 year old daughter looking for possible targets but nothing yet.

I did get what should be a nice shot at the Arch, we'll see when I can get it on the computer. Maybe we'll get lucky today.

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Okee Dokey then......

New Challenge: (#520) Your TDI in front of a solidly* hot pink/fuchia house/building *(you know, at least MOSTLY solidly, yeah?)

What, did you guys pass out in front of your computers? :p
I wish that were true, I was too tired from digging myself out from the last challenge :eek: The things we do to win a challenge. I think it may be time to write to Dear Abby again...

New Challenge: (#520) Your TDI in front of a solidly* hot pink/fuchia house/building

Last edited:

WEB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA
I wish that were true, I was too tired from digging myself out from the last challenge :eek: The things we do to win a challenge. I think it may be time to write to Dear Abby again...
So you went out to do donuts and got stuck? Sorry dude, but that's hilarious!!! :D

New Challenge: (#520) Your TDI in front of a solidly* hot pink/fuchia house/building

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
So you went out to do donuts and got stuck? Sorry dude, but that's hilarious!!! :D

Yeah, I almost drove out, but got myself in a bit too deep as you can see in the first pic :D Got a good bit of exercise shoveling snow. The win makes it worth it I suppose :rolleyes:

andriah613

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Jetta TDI
Official Submissions:

500-A: Your TDI in front of a house with outrageous, over the top Christmas decorations.

500-B: Your TDI next to the most unique, coolest or wackiest mailbox you can find.

500-D: Your TDI under a real street sign we can read that is odd or funny.

500-E: Your TDI parked on the quaintest looking historical "main street."

500-F: Your TDI with the funniest or wackiest thing buckled in the driver's seat.

500-G: Your TDI in any previous geographical challenge you wished you had won. (#384...with a fire tower)

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Guten Morgen meine Damen und Herren,

Last call, four hours to go!

I'm going out for a couple and a cuppa, then I'll be back to make the ballots. :)

This one is going to have a 48 hour voting period.

Please help me tally votes by copy/pasting the following format for your votes:

500-A -
500-B -
500-C -
500-D -
500-E -
500-F -
500-G -

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI & Jetta TDI
500 C Submission
Anytime I see a wing like that I think rice, bonus extra 500hp for the coffee can exhaust :D

andriah613

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Jetta TDI
500 C Submission
Anytime I see a wing like that I think rice, bonus extra 500hp for the coffee can exhaust :D
At least its a rear wheel drive car and the wing serves a purpose....lol. ;)

However thumps down on the coffee can exhaust. :thumbdown:

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI & Jetta TDI
At least its a rear wheel drive car and the wing serves a purpose....lol. ;)

However thumps down on the coffee can exhaust. :thumbdown:
I wouldn't mind one of those to play with, they look good when done right. I guess it's the only thing I could find last night looking for lights. It's getting hard to see really badly done ricers, guess the time has passed.

Challenge # 522: Your TDI with a pickup truck with a home made wooden bed.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Dozenspeed--are you going to group all the pictures together so its easier for us to vote?
Yes! But they may not come out EXACTLY on time......hope you all allow me a chance to get them in order.

It's getting hard to see really badly done ricers, guess the time has passed.
Ha! I was looking for that too!

Challenge # 522: Your TDI with a pickup truck with a home made wooden bed

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
OFFICIAL!

500-C - Your TDI parked with the tackiest, most distastefully or poorly "CUSTOMIZED" CAR or TRUCK (best I could do :eek: )

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
OFFICIAL!

500-D - Your TDI UNDER a REAL STREET SIGN we can read that is odd or funny

Yes, I'm a bit childish at times. :rolleyes:

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
OFFICIAL!

500-E - Your TDI PARKED ON the quiantest-looking historical "main street"

Kimmswick, MO, actually quainter that what I had planned last night. Shoulda used the tripod. :rolleyes: The second pic isn't main street but that house on the left is original from 1840. Most of the buildings in these 5 square blocks or so are 150-220 years old.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
500-G - Your TDI in ANY PREVIOUS GEOGRAPHICAL CHALLENGE you wished you had won. (Please cite the challenge and number)

I just can't stay away from those spooky abandoned houses in black and white photos...:rolleyes: (plus shrifty broke my heart on this challenge...:p)

So I'm going official with my pic from the other night: #317 Your TDI in front of a spooky abandoned house in black and white

And to sway to your vote for me some more, here is a fresh one from today. :D

Last edited:

krauseengineer

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Jetta JSW 6M
Ok... my official entries, all seven.
500-A

500-B

500-C, its duct taped together and then painted with house paint.

500-D, Foolish pleasure road, in the town of Choconut, PA

500-E, Bingahmton, NY

500-F, My daughter on her rocking horse

500-G, Challenge # 112, a historical landmark, The Phelps Mansion, Binghamton, NY

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Final Pictures for Challenge #500

500-A - Your TDI in front of a HOUSE with outrageous, over-the-top CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS

500-B - Your TDI next to the most unique, coolest or wackiest MAILBOX

500-C - Your TDI parked with the tackiest, most distastefully or poorly "CUSTOMIZED" CAR or TRUCK

500-D - Your TDI UNDER a REAL STREET SIGN we can read that is odd or funny

500-E - Your TDI PARKED ON the quiantest-looking historical "main street"

500-F - Your TDI with the funniest or wackiest thing buckled in the DRIVER'S SEAT

500-G - Your TDI in ANY PREVIOUS GEOGRAPHICAL CHALLENGE you wished you had won. (Please cite the challenge and number)

Challenge #61 - parked on or beside an old style covered bridge.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
12 Players and 57 submissions!!! :D

Current Challenge # 522: Your TDI with a pickup truck with a home made wooden bed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.