***The driving game*** - picture scavenger hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
I googled "military horse memorial near Toronto" and "military horse memorial near Scarborough" but I kept getting the Crazy Horse Memorial near Mt Rushmore @.@

This is from a play. Would this count?

Current Challenge: (#486) Your TDI in a daytime picture with a military memorial statue that includes a horse and is taller than your car
I guess if you had your TDI on stage it could...

NewLyme

Veteran Member
TDI
His 2006 Jetta TDI DSG. Hers 2016 Touareg TDI 2013 Golf TDI DSG Buyback
It's all good, I'd prefer to see the pics in the day myself, but make do with what I've got :eek: In Western PA around this time of year, we rarely see the sun :) I tried to find a statue on my lunch break, all I could find was a Civil War era soldier with a long gun. No horse, may need to search onilne for one in the area...

My phone is useless at night for pictures, and my older digital camera does ok...
Current Challenge: (#486) Your TDI in a daytime picture with a military memorial statue that includes a horse and is taller than your car
Hey shrifty you anywhere near Gettysburg? Or anyone near a Civil War Battlefield?

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Hey shrifty you anywhere near Gettysburg? Or anyone near a Civil War Battlefield?
No, about 2-3 hours away on a good day. This is a tough challenge, looking forward to the winning picture.

Last edited:

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI & Jetta TDI
No chance for me, looked for monuments with horses, closest one is in Ottawa, can't exactly swing by and take a pic.

eats1963

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL Premium
There are plenty of monuments with horses down near Grant Park in Chicago. That's about my best bet, but I rarely get there when it's still light out, especially this time of year when It's pretty much dark by 4:30pm

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
There are plenty of monuments with horses down near Grant Park in Chicago. That's about my best bet, but I rarely get there when it's still light out, especially this time of year when It's pretty much dark by 4:30pm
Go ahead, take one for the team :D

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg

Could this be the first 72 hour buster in 314 challenges? :eek:

What will my next unseemingly difficult replacement challege be? :eek:

Will this post become irrelevant in less than 26 hours? :rolleyes:

"The suspense is terrible. I hope it will last." ;)

Current Challenge: (#486) Your TDI in a daytime picture with a military memorial statue that includes a horse and is taller than your car :mad:

MK6_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 B7 Passat TDI SEL
tried googling for one here but nothing that is outside capable to take a photo. closest thing i could find is the cowboy hall of fame but i cant exactly take my car inside there.....we have plenty of longhorn and buffalo statues though :)

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Mmmm I think I'd have to go to London to get this one and that just aint happening :D

cr4zy3lgato

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2000
i think i may be able to win that challenge tomorrow right after my exam...

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
i think i may be able to win that challenge tomorrow right after my exam...

Good luck on the exam! By the way, when does it end? Need to know when to look for the next challenge... :)

cr4zy3lgato

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2000
Ha thanks shrifty!

Yeah my first challenge completed! sorry for the cellphone pic, i had my DSLR ready for this, but there was a kindergarten between me and the statue... did'nt want to look too creepy

Last edited:

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Ha thanks shrifty!

Yeah my first challenge completed! sorry for the cellphone pic, i had my DSLR ready for this, but there was a kindergarten between me and the statue... did'nt want to look too creepy
Excellent win! Don't worry, the creepy feeling will go away over time :p You have to be fast around here sometimes to get started on the next challenge :D

So, what's the next challenge?

cr4zy3lgato

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2000
Next Challenge: (#487) Your TDI with a sign (not home-made) with letters T D I in the same order

good luck!

that's the Latin American park in Quebec for anybody wondering

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
If there are no other objections:
Next Challenge (#488): Your TDI in front of a store with a mannequin in a display window

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
Hard to get yes, impossible not, there's a TDI Computer Solution business I could have drove to but google street view didn't look promising.

Next Challenge (#488): Your TDI in front of a store with a mannequin in a display window

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Next Challenge (#489): Your TDI next to / under a power line with a minimum of 23 birds sitting on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.