***The driving game*** - picture scavenger hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

WEB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA
Next challenge (#308): Your TDI with a deck of Uno cards, three jelly beans and a 20 oz bottle of Pepsi at a convenience store.

WEB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA
Your lucky I couldn't get Photobucket to load in time!

Awesome pic!!! :)
Next challenge (#308): Your TDI with a deck of Uno cards, three jelly beans and a 20 oz bottle of Pepsi at a convenience store.

Last edited:

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Challenge # 303:... in front of at least two different soda machines and a Redbox
-----Winner: shrifty (17) --- 1 hour 34 minutes

Challenge # 304:... with 6 or more people in the back seat
-----Winner: Dozenspeed (37) --- 7 hours 49 minutes --- current leader

Challenge # 305:... in front of a large commercial building under construction
-----Winner: NewLyme (34) --- 9 hours 33 minutes --- former current leader but he's slacking now

Challenge # 306:... with a vehicle with a plow on it
-----Winner: ng3 --- 3 hours 48 minutes
Keep an eye in your rearview mirror so you can get a little heads up when I pass you! :D
When you do, I promise to wave ALL my fingers at you! :eek::p

Current Challenge (#308): Your TDI with a deck of Uno cards, three jelly beans and a 20 oz bottle of Pepsi at a convenience store

(paging Mr. yakfish, Mr. yakfish you have a call at the front desk)

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
So we're getting close to the start, how many folks will be logged in to this thread when it happens? :confused:

Is it too late to sweeten the pot?

When chriskorwan won Centenary I, he got credit for a win, of course.

Since we are ranking the top three winners, what if we had a little multiplier effect for competative incentive?

Shall we say, 3 "wins" for 1st in the overall category, (then 2 and 1 respectively)

Plus the top winner in the individual categories each get a point? Making a max possibility of 8? :eek::confused:

Could really change some stats, but maybe if that's too much we should at least give a win to 1st in each category, and top overall just gets to name Centenary III. (With a provision that it can be shot down by a consensus of 6 previous winners) :rolleyes:

I guess I could use a second hobby....:rolleyes:

NewLyme

Veteran Member
TDI
His 2006 Jetta TDI DSG. Hers 2016 Touareg TDI 2013 Golf TDI DSG Buyback
When you do, I promise to wave ALL my fingers at you! :eek::p
Current Challenge (#308): Your TDI with a deck of Uno cards, three jelly beans and a 20 oz bottle of Pepsi at a convenience store
^^:):):)^^
Do you want to tie the Centenary Challenge with the regular game or have a game within the game. My. 02¢, two games running side by side.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
^^:):):)^^
Do you want to tie the Centenary Challenge with the regular game or have a game within the game. My. 02¢, two games running side by side.

The regular series will run as normal. Centenary is all on top of that and seperate, but simultaneous. LOTS of opportunity to play with TDIs and photos all weekend! :D

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
I had my phone set to remind at 4:30 (local time) for something about "pictures". Yeah... took me a moment to figure out what I meant.

I will have it posted at 5:00, but I'm not sure the formatting will be correct with colors and everything. I may just link back to the rules if I have trouble with the formatting.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
I will have it posted at 5:00, but I'm not sure the formatting will be correct with colors and everything. I may just link back to the rules if I have trouble with the formatting.
The suspense is killing me! Colors are not crucial to your post, just the randomly assigned numbers. :)

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
Celebrating 300 challenges in this thread!

Itinerary for "Centenary Challenge II:"

When: 12:00 AM GMT Saturday, October 20th 2012 through 12:00 AM GMT Monday, October 22nd, 2012

This means friday night through sunday night, for us in North America, check local times:

(Start is:
8:00 PM Eastern
7:00 PM Central
6:00 PM Mountain
5:00 PM Pacific)

Voting period is the immediate 24 hours following the close of the challenge. YOU CANNOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF! (well you can but it won't count!)

(Please vote by challenge number/handle in blue and bold like this during this time, so your vote is counted. All else will be considered conversation)

At the start time of the challenge there will be a post from whitedog, listing 5 special challenges. Submit as many or as few pictures of those challenges as you like, identifying one (per challenge) as your official submission for voting consideration, before the challenge period ends. Post your pics as normal anytime you like during the 48 hour game period.

The challenges will be made up by the top five current winners:

Dozenspeed
NewLyme
yakfish
shrifty
Digital Corpus

whitedog will post them without identity as to whose is whose, and in a random order, for amusement and speculation. We should try not to reveal who suggested what challenge until after voting ends.

Each challenge will be given it's own ID number, i.e.,

300-A
300-B
300-C
300-D
300-E

Voters pick their favorites and post them like so:

(examples)

300-A: WutGas?
300-B: WEB
300-C: ELM
300-D: andriah613
300-E: CrazyWJ242

Overall: MonsterTDI09

We'll name the top three winners via a point system.
We'll factor the top three for each challenge as well as the overall, like this:

Individual:
First: 3 points
Second: 2 points
Third: 1 point

Overall:
First: 15 points
Second: 10 points
Third: 5 points

Grand prize is naming the Centenary Challenge III

300-A Your TDI with a rainbow above it.

300-B Your TDI from at least 100 feet ABOVE it.

300-C Your TDI and anything related to the military.

300-D Your TDI with a Halloween Theme, your car decorated or along with decorations.

300-E Your TDI, with it's VW emblem prominent in the photo, in front of a building of significant local/national importance at least 75 yrs old.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg

300-D Your TDI with a Halloween Theme, your car decorated or along with decorations.

300-E Your TDI, with it's VW emblem prominent in the photo, in front of a building of significant local/national importance at least 75 yrs old.

Sweet! :cool:

I think I got some sense of who suggested what, but since one of them is mine, I shouldn't say anything, because it will leaves clues unless I'm intentionally deceptive....:eek:

Anyone who DIDN'T name one of these, speculate away! :D

CrazyWJ242

Veteran Member
TDI
04 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI, 03 Beetle TDI
Awesome!! i have some ideas on some shots... others im going to have to dig deep to find them

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
I guess I might not be replacing my rear beam bushes this weekend after all lol, got to get the priorities right :D

Originally Posted by whitedog

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Sweet! :cool:

I think I got some sense of who suggested what, but since one of them is mine, I shouldn't say anything, because it will leaves clues unless I'm intentionally deceptive....:eek:

Anyone who DIDN'T name one of these, speculate away! :D

Oh, I think I figured out which challenge was mine!! :rolleyes:

yakfish

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI 5 Speed
Well it's still raining here. I bet I could do the Rainbow pic if it was daylight out. It's supposed to rain some tomorrow too so look out for rainbows tomorrow.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
Be sure to Google if there are any gay pride parades nearby. There are certain to be some rainbows there.

yakfish

Veteran Member
TDI

Next Challenge (#309): You and a friend (being friends is really not required :p) boxing in front of your TDI. Boxing gloves are required Bonus points if someone is landing a punch!

Last edited:

yakfish

Veteran Member
TDI
Here is my first submission for 300C. That is Wright Patterson AFB in the background. It's not much of a picture but we need to get this thing started sometime! I can't believe we are 9 and a half hours into this and nobody has posted a picture yet.:eek:

Last edited:

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Well being Friday night and all I had to make the donuts...6.333 engine hours and 183 miles (29 mph avg) but it has got quiet out here now so I'm working 300-d, which I wanted a night shot for. I bet most folks are waiting for the sun! I am! Be patient padawan!

yakfish

Veteran Member
TDI
I just got home after another long 2000 mile week. I don't go back to work until Monday night! See you all in a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.