AMD's 2010 TDI Sedan

Efchou

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI 6spd
That video is pretty unbelievable. DSG is really that much faster?

Yes, the DSG has an automated dual clutch system that has gears reverse, 1,3, and 5 on one clutch and 2,4, and 6 on the other. Each gear is pre selected before the next shift is going to occur, and it is about 8-10 ms per shift. Compare that with the shift time of my manual transmission, push clutch in, shift, let clutch out, on average will take approx 200-250 ms per shift. Since the cars hps and trqs differences are narrower than the stock comparison amd did previously, the dsg transmission gave them the upper hand.

Also, according to aprs dyno graphs, their peak torque is achieved later than the malone tune which in my guess with a rolling start would give amd another advantage since they most likely would've been in the prime points of the power and torque band.

Maybe I am wrong, but that makes the most sense to me! :D

Last edited:

EJtdeye

Veteran Member
TDI
Blue Graphite 2011 Golf TDI
Yes, the DSG has an automated dual clutch system that has gears reverse, 1,3, and 5 on one clutch and 2,4, and 6 on the other. Each gear is pre selected before the next shift is going to occur, Mand it is about 8-10 ms per shift. Compare that with the shift time of my manual transmission, push clutch in, shift, let clutch out, on average will take approx 200-250 ms per shift. Since the cars hps and trqs differences are narrower than the stock comparison amd did previously, the dsg transmission gave them the upper hand.
Also, according to aprs dyno graphs, their peak torque is achieved later than the malone tune which in my guess with a rolling start would give amd another advantage since they most likely would've been in the prime points of the power and torque band.
Maybe I am wrong, but that makes the most sense to me! :D
It's hard to believe that his brothers car that has a very free flowing exhaust and more aggressive tune lost by that much on the video. To the op has your brother ever taken his car to the drag strip to see what he is running?

amd is the best

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Sedan DSG
It's hard to believe that his brothers car that has a very free flowing exhaust and more aggressive tune lost by that much on the video. To the op has your brother ever taken his car to the drag strip to see what he is running?
He actually just did the other night. 16.0 @ 88.9mph. Horrible 2.60 60ft due to wheel hop.

gregert12

Veteran Member
TDI
a few tint questions..

You wrote 35% tint is that 35% on top of the factory tint or altogether? What type of tint is it, ceramic, metallic?

thanks!

EJtdeye

Veteran Member
TDI
Blue Graphite 2011 Golf TDI
He actually just did the other night. 16.0 @ 88.9mph. Horrible 2.60 60ft due to wheel hop.
Thats a nice trap speed that he got and it shows that he is making some power. I just have Revo flash on my 11 Golf DSG and the best I have done at the track was a 16.11 @ 85.18 MPH. I was also getting very bad wheel-spin with some wheel hop. I could have played with lowering the tire pressure to see if I could get a better launch, but I ran out of time. Just for the heck of it, you should take your car down the strip to see what it'll do.

BTW, your car looks great! Keep up the good work:D.

amd is the best

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Sedan DSG
a few tint questions..

You wrote 35% tint is that 35% on top of the factory tint or altogether? What type of tint is it, ceramic, metallic?

thanks!
As far as I know, there is no factory tint. 35% tint was added to my windows and unfortunately I don't know any of the specifics on the brand/type. Sorry.

Thats a nice trap speed that he got and it shows that he is making some power. I just have Revo flash on my 11 Golf DSG and the best I have done at the track was a 16.11 @ 85.18 MPH. I was also getting very bad wheel-spin with some wheel hop. I could have played with lowering the tire pressure to see if I could get a better launch, but I ran out of time. Just for the heck of it, you should take your car down the strip to see what it'll do.

BTW, your car looks great! Keep up the good work:D.
I agree, the trap speed is pretty damn impressive. Too bad the ET was horrible, lol. Maybe he needs me to drive it for him.

I plan on taking mine down the strip soon. I'm hoping for a simialar speed and hopefully something close to a 14.99 would be nice (DSG FTW) ;).

Another update. This has been in the works for quite some time but I am really excited to have finally received it. I've kept my mouth shut on this mod until it has actually made it's way into my possession. Without further adieu, my new gauge cluster:

TDI R-line, blue staging needles and last but not least full color MFA!!! The speedometer also now goes to 200mph, not that a TDI could even reach that speed but it's kind of cool :)

It gets installed tomorrow by the dealer as they have to program the immobilizer. W00t! :D

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
How much was the windshield with the rain sense? I was thing about doing this mod.

amd is the best

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Sedan DSG
How much was the windshield with the rain sense? I was thing about doing this mod.
Insurance took care of the windshield but I believe it's $300 or less. The rain sensor that I picked up was $18, the wiring harness or supplies to make your own harness are around $100, Passat/CC auto-dimming mirror is $50-$100 used (ebay), and a high line CECM $250-$400.

My Dixie Wrecked

TDI
None -- BMW convert.
Another update. This has been in the works for quite some time but I am really excited to have finally received it. I've kept my mouth shut on this mod until it has actually made it's way into my possession. Without further adieu, my new gauge cluster:

TDI R-line, blue staging needles and last but not least full color MFA!!! The speedometer also now goes to 200mph, not that a TDI could even reach that speed but it's kind of cool :)

It gets installed tomorrow by the dealer as they have to program the immobilizer. W00t! :D
Looks like it turned out phenomenal!

I've been contemplating doing this mod to my TDI as well. The black and white MFA just irks me. I have a co-worker who has a new CC with the full color MFA and it truly is a night and day difference.

How did you go about procuring the cluster?

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last Real Jetta Sedan
Primes are the only way to go. I have the standard 24-70 2.8 for my walking around lens, but prefer primes. I do a lot of indoor architectural shooting so I have to use a wide angle most of the time, with lighting being the priority.

amd is the best

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Sedan DSG
I agree. Primes are much sharper usually as well. I have a 24-105 f/4 for my zoom lens, wouldn't mind swapping it out for a 24-70 2.8 though. At least it has IS though. As far as primes are concerned, I need a wider one. I have a 35 f/1.4, 40 f/2.8, 85 f/1.2, and 135 f/2. So my widest is 24... Could use something in the 14-17 range.

falcon_1898

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta 2.0L TDI
lol...oops I threw the thread off topic :D

You have quite a selection of fine lenses.Why don't you get the 14/2.8? That should be extremely wide. I have a 17-40/4 and that is already very wide on a FF.

Recently, I picked up a 40/2.8, and it hasn't been taken off the camera since then. So tiny, it's almost like carrying a point and shoot...well if you don't look at the body and battery grip.

Someday...when I am all growed up, ima modify the car just like you did :D

amd is the best

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Sedan DSG
I know this might be tough for you guys to read but I am contemplating getting out of my TDI and into something else.

I have absolutely loved my TDI from day one and it'll hold a special place in my heart as my very first VW (and diesel). With my daily commute into work being just over four miles, I really don't take advantage of what my TDI has to offer. Not to mention it barley makes it up to temperature in the winter months.

I'm entertaining the idea of trading it in and am on the fence between a brand new VW Golf R or a preowned B8 Audi S4.

What do you guys think between the two?