***The driving game*** - picture scavenger hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyWJ242

Veteran Member
TDI
04 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI, 03 Beetle TDI
i was thinking of doing a covered bridge, or wooden bridge as a challange if i made it home to complete the potato challange... draw bridge i dont think there are any in my area

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Covered bridge has been done already, I don't either anywhere near me mind you lol. Not to worry, just need to wait for the next challenge.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
It is good to be back. Managed to stop for a moment to take a picture. The cop that drove by thought I was somewhat odd when I did this... I took off out of the hotel parking lot, and he followed me down the road (coincidence I'm sure). I turned to the right, saw a stopsign, made the u-turn so I was facing the sign. Cop turned down the road as I was turning around.

Well at least one thing is for sure, he can't write you a ticket for not stopping at THAT stop sign!

Current Challenge (#224): Your TDI waiting for a draw bridge

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Well at least one thing is for sure, he can't write you a ticket for not stopping at THAT stop sign!

Very true, but I could have gotten a ticket or two on the way back... Averaged 69 MPH over 500 miles, including a few stops at traffic lights and some back country roads. I needed to clean out my DPF... :D

On a side note, I'm not sure how serious the "Radar Detectors are Illegal" law is in VA. I had mine mounted on the windshield, drove past a decently sized speed trap, no issues for me. :confused:

Anyway, back to the current challenge at hand. Can anyone find a drawbridge?? I know of one near NYC, but there is no way I'd risk stopping for that one! I've never had to stop at it, just drive over.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I'll have to google it but I think the only draw bridge over here would be somewhere like london and that's the other end of the island.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
We could always build one, it doesn't mention water or how big it has to be lol

NarfBLAST

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf 5MT

Also did not mention if you were waiting for it to go up or down. I will try and get a pic this morning after I drop the kids off at school. Here is a google street view teaser: http://goo.gl/maps/IGMpa
We waited on the Hamilton side:

We waited on the Burlington side:

Unfortunately, the lift bridge did not go up. If you will accept this as a win I will propose the next challenge:

Challenge (#225): Your TDI parked safely in the middle of the road

example:

WEB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA

We waited on the Hamilton side:

We waited on the Burlington side:

Unfortunately, the lift bridge did not go up. If you will accept this as a win I will propose the next challenge:

example:
This will suffice. Don't need to slow the game down too much. Nice effort.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
In that case

yakfish

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI 5 Speed

I checked for traffic before parking the car the be "safe"! Does it count as a win?

If this counts here is my proposed next challenge: (#226)You TDI stuck in traffic in a construction zone

Last edited:

NewLyme

Veteran Member
TDI
His 2006 Jetta TDI DSG. Hers 2016 Touareg TDI 2013 Golf TDI DSG Buyback
Hey Seatman if you get this win your TDI stuck in traffic in a construction zone, I'll put that runny yolk fried egg on my bumper! :D
Current Challenge (#226): Your TDI stuck in traffic in a construction zone.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Traffic? Here? Lol I think you might just escape the runny yolk this time :D

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
We have plenty of road construction here in PA, just wish I had my TDI again. Wheel bearing is about to go, had to drop it off for repair. Back in another rental, this time a Mazda 2. :mad:

Current Challenge (#226): Your TDI stuck in traffic in a construction zone.

CrazyWJ242

Veteran Member
TDI
if so
fall is here...

Challange #227: your TDI with a panoramic view of the changing season.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Challenge #227 Fall panorama

So be it:

Current Challenge: (#228) Your TDI with a gazebo

Last edited:

CrazyWJ242

Veteran Member
TDI
i was at the light for a few minutes got out took a photo but it was so sunwashed out you couldnt see anything...

i need to respray my hood...

challange #229:your TDI near a very large staircase... bonus points per step over 25... and if you take a photo from the top!

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Challenge #229 TDI with large staircase

Next Challenge: (#230) Your TDI in front of an old school barber shop, not a chain. Classic barber pole MUST be represented

CrazyWJ242

Veteran Member
TDI
sweet win, that must have bonus points over 25! and a few completed challanges in that photo lol...

i know of a shop in town that fits the bill as usual im 4 hours away... side note

covered bridge! haha... might take the long way home and stop by the worlds longest... ohhh theres an idea for a mamouth challange... the guiness challange!

the beer would be acceptable too haha

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
sweet win, that must have bonus points over 25! and a few completed challanges in that photo lol...
Thanks, I was too busy running up them to count! Seemed like only about 80. They are the steps from the riverfront to the Arch. (I'll edit a pic into this later)

Current Challenge: (#230) Your TDI in front of an old school barber shop, not a chain. Classic barber pole MUST be represented

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I actually went to the huge city of Dundee today, even drove through some road works and didn't get held up at all lol.

Barber shop's a possible, only thing going against me is that it's dark here already. I'm sure there's one just 5 miles down the road though.
Next one I think is 10 miles and the next is 15 miles. I wonder if my pos camera could take a pic under street lights.

Current Challenge: (#230) Your TDI in front of an old school barber shop, not a chain. Classic barber pole MUST be represented

Status
Not open for further replies.