***The driving game*** - picture scavenger hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Corpus

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'97 B4 w/ 236K mi body, 46K mi soul
Because of my brother driving my B4, he's been itching to put a TDI into his truck. He doesn't have the dough right now because of a botched rebuild job from a local shop. Here it is in our garage as he's doing the job himself, almost finished too. He still wants a TDI inside :) and I wanna help

(click to embiggen)

Digital Corpus

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'97 B4 w/ 236K mi body, 46K mi soul
(If mine counts)
Next Challenge: A shot of your TDI with you sticking your head up through the sunroof acting like a gopher or prairie dog.

(Even if it's facebook-styled self portrait, it'll work. THat way tripods/second persons are not needed for this challenge)

yakfish

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI 5 Speed
Next challenge (#216): A speed limit sign and your TDI's speedometer showing within 5 Mph of the posted speed

we call this the driving game so we need to have some challenges that can be completed while driving. I did one myself to be sure it was possible while driving.

here is an example

Last edited:

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Next Challenge: Your TDI with with VCDS plugged in looking at your timing graph

I looked at the Ross Tech site, and saw this: "Note to PD (pumpe duese aka unit injectors) and CR (common rail) owners: The timing in PD and CR engines is determined electronically by the ECU. There is neither a need nor an ability to check timing on the PD or CR engines using a scan tool. There are no graphs published for the simple reason that the timing is set using a dedicated VAG locking tool when changing the timing belt :)"

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-scope/TDIGraph.html

So does this mean this challenge might not be completed?

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
I looked at the Ross Tech site, and saw this: "Note to PD (pumpe duese aka unit injectors) and CR (common rail) owners: The timing in PD and CR engines is determined electronically by the ECU. There is neither a need nor an ability to check timing on the PD or CR engines using a scan tool. There are no graphs published for the simple reason that the timing is set using a dedicated VAG locking tool when changing the timing belt :)"

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-scope/TDIGraph.html

So does this mean this challenge might not be completed?

I didn't have a sunroof for one of the other challenges but I do have an ALH so this will be done, I'll get it tomorrow if nobody gets it meantime. It's dark here just now.

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
I didn't have a sunroof for one of the other challenges but I do have an ALH so this will be done, I'll get it tomorrow if nobody gets it meantime. It's dark here just now.
You could just cut a hole in the roof... :)

I'm quite a newbie with VCDS, had to look this one up. Didn't know what models or years this would apply to, I had the impression it was only for very old models.... At least you know you won't be beat by Newlyme on this one!

Current Challenge (217): Your TDI with with VCDS plugged in looking at your timing graph

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
For US-spec cars, 1996 to 2003 are eligible.

(For Euro-spec, it's 1989 to 1999 for most, 2000 for a few, IIRC. For China, it's actually still current.)

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
I can get it, too. We've had thunderstorms since the challenge was issued. So I'll take a peek tomorrow.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI

Told you it was dark but I didn't want to risk losing on that alone lol

Where's your graph slamhouse :p

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Brand new mats in yesterday too and look at the state of the drivers one, man that's not good lol.

Anyway the next challenge (if everyone agrees I won that is)

A pic of your speedo doing exactly 41 mph with the clock in the pic with the exact time of 4.31.

AM or PM I don't mind :D

yakfish

Veteran Member
TDI
Current challenge (#218): A pic of your speedo doing exactly 41 mph with the clock in the pic with the exact time of 4.31.

Like this? Large numbers are km/h, small numbers are MPH. I have to admit I reset my clock!

Last edited:

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mmmm resetting clocks? That's the one thing I keep forgetting, to be more specific lol. Looks lie a win though :D

yakfish

Veteran Member
TDI
Next challenge (#219): Your TDI's instrument panel showing 4 or more warning lights. (with the car running)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.