Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Lol I don't have a smart phone either, figured I was smart enough as it is :D

Digital Corpus

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'97 B4 w/ 236K mi body, 46K mi soul
So, here are the shots, followed by screen shots from my phone as to where I was.

(click to embigen as usual)

Locational proof:

Last edited:

Digital Corpus

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Next Challenge: Your TDI on a hill steep enough that you need to be in 3rd gear to drive up w/o loosing speed

Inspiration is the mild-moderate climb I took to get the above photo. It wasn't until I steep out of the car did I realize that it was on a hill side. I love torque :)

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
DC, that's gotta be some hill! Even in stock trim, I can take 6-7% grades at >65mph in 5th!

Tony

s.pavel6

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 Jetta TDI
Next Challenge: Your TDI on a hill steep enough that you need to be in 3rd gear to drive up w/o loosing speed
I wish I was there right now and could take a picture.. When I drove the Land Rover Discovery Diesel I was traveling in up this street, i thought it was going to tip over.. As in tip backwards :eek:

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
I think the key is at the posted speed limit. Maybe a speed limit is low enough that the RPMs can't get high enough to get out of 3rd gear at that speed limit.

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
I think there's one hill around here that I'd be in 2nd or maybe even 1st. (I know I struggled to get up it in 1st gear in the Miata.) Too busy getting ready for Fest, though. :(

CrazyWJ242

Veteran Member
TDI
04 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI, 03 Beetle TDI
Im 10 hours from home and could easily kill this challange!!! Arrgh! I wonder if Sydney NS has some crazy steep streets

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Man, I wish I could take shots like this. You must be a clever guy with a brilliant camera. This is a super solid win, very nice work. :)

Current Challenge: (#171) Your TDI on a hill steep enough that you need to be in 3rd gear to drive up w/o loosing speed

We have been having a very busy month! 73 challenges so far in August, absolutely destroying the previous record of 30 in May! So you know, I count by the challenge proposal time per GMT, since we are worldwide. If we set a pace to beat this rate in September, I might consider retiring as challenge history keeper! :rolleyes:

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
What Challenges are still left unsolved?

None! Only three were unsolved (officially) and they have all been covered. They are the ones in dark red on the CHL (Challenge History List)

You'll just have to win a live one! :D

Current Challenge: (#171) Your TDI on a hill steep enough that you need to be in 3rd gear to drive up w/o loosing speed

Digital Corpus

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Man, I wish I could take shots like this. You must be a clever guy with a brilliant camera. This is a super solid win, very nice work. :)
Thank you. I've been doing photography seriously for about 8 years, but have been shooting for about 12. Low light & night photography is my favorite genre. Using most any current camera with a 14-bit A/D conversion for the image data, I could pull off an image like that. Software, and knowing how to handle it, matters a bit more. Lightroom 4 makes things closer to a cake walk.

In case anyone is an aspiring photographer wanting to know more about the exposure, I shot that at 15 seconds, f/7.1, ISO 800 @ 17mm on a 1.6 cropped body (meaning ~27mm on a full frame body).

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Challenge # 171, I wouldnt go up this hill any higher than 3rd gear. its in a quite hilly/twisty area near my new home. note vertial(ish) post for reference.

New Challenge,

#172 Your TDI either IN a parade for a holiday or your TDI in a Driveway with a Parade going on Behind it.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
I have a challenge for Lyme.Can he find my car in Richfield OH.:D

NewLyme

Veteran Member
TDI
His 2006 Jetta TDI DSG. Hers 2016 Touareg TDI 2013 Golf TDI DSG Buyback
I have a challenge for Lyme.Can he find my car in Richfield OH.:D
60 miles past me!

#172 Your TDI either IN a parade for a holiday or your TDI in a Driveway with a Parade going on Behind it.

Last edited:

arne487

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf TDI, '10 TDI Cup Jetta
We have a costumed bicycle parade (Tour de Fat) on Saturday if you guys can wait that long. Should be some great shots.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
I posted that because I had a parade going past my house not long afterward. perhaps I should have parked in the driveway and won my own challenge after 72 hours?

oh well, with the long holiday weekend, and a few friends, and some streamers, I bet you could make a reasonable facimilie within 72 hours. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.