***The driving game*** - picture scavenger hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dankemp

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 110Tdi
I figured mine would be a bit more challenging for us here in the states. Ive been waiting for that one because I happen to own a diesel chevette :D. That was also why I specified car, because diesel trucks and vans are pretty easy to come by. Anyone else know what the color blue on Dans car is called? It looks a lot like the Malibu blue metallic/Satellite blue that we got over here on the satellite edition beetles
not to sure on the colour I did know Wat it was called but I can't remember haha !

NewLyme

Veteran Member
TDI
His 2006 Jetta TDI DSG. Hers 2016 Touareg TDI 2013 Golf TDI DSG Buyback
I want out if this garage! :p Whats the next challenge? No BOLD words, no NUMBERS! :confused: HELP ME!:)

Whats VAG Group?

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
I want out if this garage! :p Whats the next challenge? No BOLD words, no NUMBERS! :confused: HELP ME!:)

Whats VAG Group?
Please don't answer this, it will give the rest of us a chance to complete a challenge! Gotta have a fighting chance!

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Argh! What's going on?! :D

Man I spend one day fixing my car parked right next to my mates white one, both tdi's and I miss that challenge? Lol

Anyway what the f**k are we on now? I'm getting confussed (yeh I spelt it that way on purpose)

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Here my white car picture they both TDI's.Does that count for any thing:D

mlemorie

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta
Technically VAG Group is redundant. Volkswagen auto group group. Anything NOT under the VW family; VW, Audi, Bentley, Porsche, Bugatti, Ducatti, Seat, Skoda, Lamborghini, etc. Im sure I missed some.

NewLyme

Veteran Member
TDI
I hope this is right. From post #1796

Current Challenge (#150): Your TDI next to a non VAG group, diesel powered car (not trucks or vans).

Last edited:

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
New Challenge: (#151) Your TDI parked next to a car/truck with a historic license plate

Last edited:

NewLyme

Veteran Member
TDI
Not being picky. Just helping.:)

Current Challenge: (#151) Your TDI parked next to a car/truck with a historic license plate.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Argh! What's going on?! :D

Anyway what the f**k are we on now? I'm getting confussed (yeh I spelt it that way on purpose)

NewLyme is on vacation and apparently got a hair up his jacksy and the thread has been going ape-crap all day! It'll take me an hour to sort it all out and update the list, but I think we're on,

New Challenge: (#151) Your TDI parked next to a car/truck with a historic license plate

NewLyme

Veteran Member
TDI
NewLyme is on vacation and apparently got a hair up his jacksy and the thread has been going ape-crap all day! It'll take me an hour to sort it all out and update the list, but I think we're on,

Yeah we're on and I'm out of the garage. :D

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Perfect! :)

Sticklers - Dankemp got hosed on that one.
Nah, he HAS a TDI, he didn't use it! ;)

Nuts! I had to move my car, took 4 minutes and lost??
I hear ya! I thought 6 was ridiculous.

Well this is about 6000km worth of grime... (last wash was in lecombe alberta! Top of the trunk is clean cause we use it as a table regularly... You can see a clean bottle circle and blurry mess around it...

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

I concede this should be the winning pic, you DID get hosed, sorry. The other person was first and thought it would be nice to let the rookie have one. But this thread has a history of accepting the first remotely applicable pic and there was a new challenge thrown down and there isn't a rule the poster has to qualify and I found my non-VAG car in a couple minutes and so anyway I'm rambling, sorry again.

Awesome! Need to update a bit, and record quickness is 3 minutes!!!
Will do!

Current Challenge: (#151) Your TDI parked next to a car/truck with a historic license plate.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
State-issued historic plates are usually issued to cars 25-30 years or older (varies by state) and exempts the vehicle from any further inspections as long as it is driven less than a certain number of miles per year. Here I think it might be 3,000. Most US states have them, and it typically says "Historic Vehicle" on them.

Last edited:

CrazyWJ242

Veteran Member
TDI
04 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI, 03 Beetle TDI
Yea and i've been posting on my phone which is hard to get things in bold... Whos gonna go put in the brackets and code manually!

I figured a non VAG Diesel is too easy since theres plenty of merc's out there...

I passed by a huge staircase i forgot was down the street from my house thought that would make an interesting challenge... And bonus points... Who doesnt like bonus points!!!

/end rant!
i'll get another one!

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Yea and i've been posting on my phone which is hard to get things in bold... Whos gonna go put in the brackets and code manually!

I figured a non VAG Diesel is too easy since theres plenty of merc's out there...

I passed by a huge staircase i forgot was down the street from my house thought that would make an interesting challenge... And bonus points... Who doesnt like bonus points!!!

/end rant!
i'll get another one!

The first thing I thought of was a Mercedes and found that one inside of literally 5 minutes! The rest of the time I was trying to post, even writing the code but couldn't get the right brackets or copy/paste- it sucked! Oviously the first one I've tried from my not-quite smart enough phone!

I like that challenge, I've seen some sets of long lost steps around here.

NewLyme

Veteran Member
TDI

Next Challenge (#152): Your TDI next to a convertible car with it"s top down.

Last edited:

markieb

TDI
'04 Jetta, Platinum Grey

Hey maybe I'll win the next challenge (#152)... it's a convertible, but as you can see the top is a "LITTLE" rough, If I put it down it might not go back up in one piece!!

Last edited:

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
VAG stands for Volkswagen Audi Group.
Apparently you're wrong :p

VAG is the abbreviation of Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft and which means company incorporated. it's quite a common abbreviation among German companies such as Porshe AG, BMW AG....

under VAG, there are 2 divisions for the passenger cars: VW & Audi. and the brands under each division are:

VW : VW, Bentley, Bugatti, Skoda
Audi: Audi, Lamborghini, SEAT

hope this has clarified all the queries for u

I take it's this challenge?

Man what a ballache getting through that lot lol :D

Last edited:

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg

Damn these are hard to find!
You may have won THIS challenge, NewLyme, but I found a phone booth, and it's not even in Ohio, AND my carnival in the background is better than yours....:p

I'm gunnin' fer you, buddy! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.