***The driving game*** - picture scavenger hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

waltzconmigo

Veteran Member
TDI
none
dozenspeed--- i thought maybe you were trying to explain to "Ray" that the yellow lines were meant to park in between and he was unhappy about being called out on it.

this has been a fun thread to check out from time to time guys, keep it up.

ciao,
waltz

WEB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA
Current Challenge: (#133) Your TDI next to a bank sign/marquee with the time displaying either 3:33 am or pm.

NewLyme

Veteran Member
TDI
His 2006 Jetta TDI DSG. Hers 2016 Touareg TDI 2013 Golf TDI DSG Buyback

Hey Yakfish take your time on the way home! :p
Two hours to go! :D
No flagpole at 3:33! :)
Current Challenge: (#133) Your TDI next to a bank sign/marquee with the time displaying either 3:33 am or pm.

Last edited:

yakfish

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI 5 Speed
Well I missed it, I guess central time zone people have a chance now. All the signs I thought we have times on them for being used for advertising instead

NewLyme

Veteran Member
TDI

OK Fearless44 we are going to double down and make things a little more fair!

Next Challenge: (#134) Your TDI With a Bank Sign or Marquee showing 3:33 am or pm.

We are either going to see another night shot from out west or a daytime shot later today as 3:33 keeps rolling around!

Last edited:

yakfish

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI 5 Speed
Nice job NewLyme. When i finally found one with the time listed it was 3:35! Every other bank that had one of those signs was advertising their low interest auto loan or CD rates.

whats the next challenge? I still have about an hour before I get home and go to bed. LOL.

Last edited:

NewLyme

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks yakfish! I was lucky a small town bank, time, temp, time, temp...:)
OK Fearless44 we are going to double down and make things a little more fair!

Next Challenge: (#134) Your TDI With a Bank Sign or Marquee showing 3:33 am or pm.

We are either going to see another night shot from out west or a daytime shot later today as 3:33 keeps rolling around!

Last edited:

NewLyme

Veteran Member
TDI
That's it in the upper left corner 3:33 right? I see it!
Next challenge please. :)

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg

Just for you Dozenspeed :)
That is so excellent, I love it! I may not know art but I know what I like. :D Seriously, if I didn't know better I'd suspect you simply lifted it from some VW Jetta brochure! Super sweet. :)

Is the one for a TDI at a family get together still open?
You are now in the books for this. :)

dozenspeed--- i thought maybe you were trying to explain to "Ray" that the yellow lines were meant to park in between and he was unhappy about being called out on it.

this has been a fun thread to check out from time to time guys, keep it up.

ciao,
waltz
Nah, that's good parkin' 'round here. I was just "Top Gearin'" around to mess with people's minds. :p Loved Seatman's response. :)

time challenges are so unfair with time zones. o well better luck next time for me
We've actually discussed this, and generally agree that not everyone will be able to acheive every challenge, but we try to. There' a balance. Kind of like when you saw the gun range challenge, you thought, "hey I could go get that" and you did! It goes to prove that if you think you can win a certain challenge you see easily, you probably should! :)

yuppers. Next challenge. Make it snappy. I want to go out and take a photo before going to bed

Criminy, what are we all doing up at this hour? :cool:

Current Challenge: (#135) Your TDI with an airfield in the background AND an airplane in flight in the shot

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
I have an airport. Too large or does that count?

Oh yeah, I just used the term "airfield" so rural folks and such wouldn't rule themselves out.

I've added clarification and expansion in the challenge. :)

Current Challenge: (#135) Your TDI with an airfield/airport/helipad in the background AND an airplane/helicopter in flight in the shot

Last edited:

Digital Corpus

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'97 B4 w/ 236K mi body, 46K mi soul
Okay, so... I opted out of impatience (flights were delayed by about 40 min from their departure times) to just drag the shutter for some long exposures. Cannot see the planes, but you can see their lights. Your call

(click to embigen)

Last edited:

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Gee, they are wicked cool shots, but I imagined more of an action shot with a flying vehicle....I don't want to be a picky naysayer so I leave it open to some other members to chime in... Maybe declare that defacto winner at the 24 hr mark? If you did manage to get a proper one, I bet it would be steller...

Not that I'm one to talk, most of my pictures are crap!

Last edited:

Digital Corpus

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'97 B4 w/ 236K mi body, 46K mi soul
Thank you guys. There were 3 ways into that street. 2 have bars and noted something about a violation of a particular penal code. It's unlikely I'll visit that road during the daytime ;) I'm going to catch some sleep before by shift in 11 hrs. If you all do declare me the winner, here is the next challenge:

Proposed Challenge (#136): Yourself under your TDI with a visible dirty rag in your hand, clearning road grime off your engine. TDI must be propped up red-neck style, i.e., using a street curb, cinder blocks, et al. (but be safe ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.