***The driving game*** - picture scavenger hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Challenge #105: Fueling your TDI at a fuel station with a 18 wheeler also fueling up

Next Challenge (#106): Your TDI with a speed limit sign that does NOT end in 5 or 0- OR one in miles AND kilometers

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
I've heard of things like 29 mph speed limits in the ultra-insane speed traps.

And, I believe there's an area of Colorado that gets a lot of European tourists, where limits are posted in both mph and km/h.

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
I might actually have a chance at this one! :eek:

Current Challenge (#106): Your TDI with a speed limit sign that does NOT end in 5 or 0- OR one in miles AND kilometers

Tony

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last Real Jetta Sedan
Anyone in Mississippi could drive through the Ole Miss campus. I think the speed limits there are 18mph in honor of Archie Manning.

ctmoore79

TDI
2012 Golf
Current Challenge (#106): Your TDI with a speed limit sign that does NOT end in 5 or 0- OR one in miles AND kilometers

Next Challenge (#107): Your TDI with a statue that is at least 20ft tall. Bonus points if someone is giving the statue a hug.

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI

Next Challenge (#107): Your TDI with a statue that is at least 20ft tall. Bonus points if someone is giving the statue a hug.
That looks photoshopped....

ctmoore79

TDI
2012 Golf
That looks photoshopped....
Not photoshopped. I know it is on the wrong side of the road but it had the speed on both sides and I did not want to edit the photo to block my license plate.

I live near a business park and this is in one of the companies lots. There is another one just up the road at another company that is 12mph but I could not find a spot to stop without blocking traffic.

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI
Just looks strange. Didn't think it was a chop. Just looks so funny. Probably cause it isn't he norm.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
And I actually had concerns this wouldn't be met in less than 72 hours! :rolleyes: Nice win. :cool: Well photoshopped! ;) It looks like the right sort of corporate or college campus venue...I know one around here that has 17 and 29 mph signs. Probably some psycology behind the odd numbers. :p

Current Challenge (#107): Your TDI with a statue that is at least 20ft tall. Bonus points if someone is giving the statue a hug.

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI
And I actually had concerns this wouldn't be met in less than 72 hours! :rolleyes: Nice win. :cool: Well photoshopped! ;) It looks like the right sort of corporate or college campus venue...I know one around here that has 17 and 29 mph signs. Probably some psycology behind the odd numbers. :p

Current Challenge (#107): Your TDI with a statue that is at least 20ft tall. Bonus points if someone is giving the statue a hug.
Reading online most of the odd sign speed limits are because people "pay more attention" when they see a number out of the ordinary. Not sure how true it is, but makes sense.

I was doing a Google search to see if I could find any odd numbers in my area to go and get for the challenge, and happened to come across this sign....
Most confusing sign ever?

ctmoore79

TDI
2012 Golf
Yeah the sign was double-sided and made out of some type of painted metal.

If you think this one looks photo shopped the ones I took were the flash was on are even worse because it made it reflect like a highway sign.

Here is one of them:

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Most confusing sign ever?

That's ridiculous! That is more stupid and pointless than some around here that have a blanket 15mph limit, 6am to 6pm m-f for a school that is 300 feet from the road and behind a massive fence. Practically impossible to hit any children there, ever! :confused: I take it back, there is a point since they put up the speed cameras. :rolleyes: This sign you shared looks purely for entrapment. How are you going to argue the time of the offense to the judge against a cop?

Last edited:

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Nice work on the speed limit sign. I was going to try to snap a new photo near this sign:

Unfortunately, I can't drive for a few days. I have to stay off my feet. :(

CrazyWJ242

Veteran Member
TDI
04 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI, 03 Beetle TDI
I WAS going to do a photo with a giant salmon statue in a fountain... then it decided to pour down rain... and my camera lady didn't want to take the photo cause she'd get wet... (meanwhile id have to wade thru waist deep water to hug the salmon... she didn't want to get wet... ppppppffffttttttt!)

on the way by i saw a large anchor on the ground... and to avoid any more bickering i'll leave that one for a nicer day lol
(had a trunk FULL of groceries... and we all know how much can fit into the trunk!)

ELM

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Beetle 5 speed swap

I didn't measure it though but it's very close to 20 feet.
I will leave it up to ctmoore79 to decide if it's a win for me.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself

It could be argued that this sign is dangerous. Imagine someone driving along, trying to read and interpret the sign while checking their clock to see how slow they need to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.