View Single Post
Old February 29th, 2012, 04:20   #12
Knarrly Viking
Veteran Member

Dealers are not all alike. You have to shop around. When I was shopping for my Passat, I used USAA's car buying service, which put me into contact with 3 DC-area dealers. One of the dealers didn't bother to call me, only sent generic emails back. They didn't get any of my time. The second one, sent a generic email, followed up with a real email, and then left a voice message. I called this dealer, nice guy, looked in his database and found the car I wanted, just not in the color we wanted. He said he could order one for the USAA price. 3rd dealer did the same as the 2nd, but their voice mail wasn't understandable, and when I called the guy, I still couldn't understand him. That friday night, I called a dealer not on the USAA list, that was closest to my house. If I'm going to have to order the car, might as well be close to me. They offered me $200 over invoice, which beat the USAA price, and they could get the car and color I wanted, but would have to pay shipping cost from NH to MD. The 3rd USAA certified dealer called be back that night(8pm) and offered invoice. I ended up ordering the car and color I wanted from the closest dealer at invoice.

Pit the dealers against each other, get what you want, you just might have to wait 4-6 months if you order a car. In my case, that's just fine. I don't have to make a car payment for another 4-6 months.
Knarrly Viking is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07143 seconds with 7 queries
[Output: 15.44 Kb. compressed to 13.95 Kb. by saving 1.50 Kb. (9.68%)]