Originally Posted by daffy_duck530
Once I had time to take everything apart I discovered that the wire for the connector to the solenoid was hanging by a thread. It broken in my hand while I was inspecting the wire... I soldered the wire back together and issue seems to have been rectified. Luckily Volkswagen decided to give us a longer wire... almost like they knew this would happen...
I'm pretty sure there was a zip tie that was used to hold all those wires together but it was broken and the wires just started rubbing and over time it frayed.
All is well once again.
Thanks for the update. I'll make sure a note is added.