View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2010, 21:55   #348
NarfBLAST
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 5.8 - 4.5 (40 - 52)

Finally got around to take my door apart...

Re-soldered the circuit board, fixed the door switch with a little piece of heat shrink tubing to replace the worn out nub (I am sure this will not last long) and reconditioned the power lock motor...

What do I mean by reconditioning the power lock motor? Well, after fixing the circuit board, the motor still would barely turn. I took it apart, cleaned out the carbon, now it would turn a little more, but sometimes it would stick (dead spots). So I plugged it into a 12v battery and let it run in one direction then the other for a couple of minutes... now the brushes and commutator must have been getting cleaned up because it seemed much stronger, but it still had dead spots where it would stall and not self start when voltage was applied without a nudge. So I sprayed some Releaseall (mineral oil) right inside the motor, shook out the excess, and applied 12v again... full power and no more dead spots! I am so happy I just had to share.

P.S. also welded one of the window track corner posts back on to the inner door, and adjusted the outside door handle. It feels like a brand new car when I open and close the door now.

I also de-fragged and lubed the door lock the other day:
Sprint 520's / RC3 / turbo delete
The NARFmobile blog / push button ignition / thrustmaster shifter / http://youtube.com/narfblast

Last edited by NarfBLAST; July 11th, 2010 at 22:09.
NarfBLAST is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.09987 seconds with 7 queries
[Output: 17.50 Kb. compressed to 15.73 Kb. by saving 1.77 Kb. (10.12%)]