Additional CCM coding and configurations with VDS Pro

Steve99

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf TDI, 04 R32
I will contact people who have offered to contribute when the CCM arrives. I already have a source for the KVW100 module.

The project is a go!

PassatV6

TDI
None, but someday....
I am a noob on here, but have been on PassatWorld for a while. I am going to install DWA with interior monitoring on a Passat B5, I am pretty sure the wiring of the sensors is the same as a Golf/Bora, but I am having some trouble understanding the diagrams posted earlier in this thread. Can someone simplify the connections at all? Please help as i have parts on the way, but little information to install them.

sjeesbeest

TDI
mk4
since my update from manual windows to powerwindows and electrical mirrors, my interior light do not come on when i pull my key out. The
ligts do come on when i pull open the door. When i lock the cat with the
remote the lights go out, and when i push the unlock button the lights do
come on and dimm very slowly when i close the door.

My car is a 2000 golf mk4 variant with a complete 1c0959799B make over :) the topic from Bernh on this forum had been a great help to me
but this "problem" i cannot find.

Does anybody have an idea?

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Not yet - fuel is too cheap! - 3.2 VR6 R32
Might have something to do with the key sensor wire circuit (86S).

If you changed from an early to late CCM some of the pinouts are different.

You mentioned you have put a later 1C0 CCM in your early car.

sjeesbeest

TDI
mk4
Thx for you reply !!

my car had a 1c0 module but only with central-locking

so i had to replace the module and do some soldering in the original wiring
and make a can-bus wiring to all 4 doors. All is working perfectly accept
the interior lights won't go on by removing the key.
I also got hold of the remote key and this works fine too.

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Thats what I mean.

There is ( was?) a wire that runs from ignition switch key sensor to CCM.

I think it also runs up to cluster as well.

Does the radio turn off if you pull out the key??

It is wired to same point as well, so if it doesn't do that then maybe the actual ignition switch is faulty now.

I just think it goes to a different terminal on CCM on later ones (?).

I know there are a couple of wires swapped around between early and late CCMs.

Just can't remember off hand which ones exactly. Just offereing a possible reason. Sounds like everything else is wired okay.

sjeesbeest

TDI
mk4
so far i can remember i used the black/purple wire for the ignition, on the old T24 to the new T23 connector.

The radio does work as it should, it pulls down the front when i take the key.

**EDIT** : my cluster is NOT connected to my CAN-bus because my cluster doesn't support CAN-bus

Last edited:

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes the Black/purple is the 15a circuit (ignition on)

The key sensor wire is a 0.35 ge/ro (yellow/red) on diagram.

I believe it goes to T23/3 on early CCM but is not on late CCM. (must be possibly getting signal thru CANBUS from cluster as it also goes to T32 (blue) / 30 on cluster)

I think this has something to do with your problem.

At least the light comes on when you open the door.

sjeesbeest

TDI
mk4
hmmm, maybe i switched the two wires. They are both 12V when i switch the key. But one of them would loose 12V first by just turning the key.

the CCM comes from a 2005 golf

cmp260

TDI
passat 2002 estate
bonet (hood) alarm switch

I just now found prob with bonnet switch, alarm has being going off for weeks now. I had to lock car from passenger door behind driver by using a stick to push cental lock button! I cant use key remote becasue it sets the alarm. Fault code in VAG-Com says - Interior Monitoring Sensors 36-10 - Open Circuit. This was so misleading since I thought it meant the ultrasonic sensors in courtesy lights andspent ages on this to no avail. What it actually seems to mean is ANY switch or circuit that can trigger the alarm! Finally found it when I looked at the VAGCOM codes and it said code 32 (bonnet sw) under measuring block 16 in CCM.

Perhaps someoone can explain this:
The dash display shows the bonnet closed always -even if it open. If I remove the bonnet switch wires the dispaly still shows the bonnet is closed. When I bridge the wires the display shows the bopnnet open.
However, the only way I can set the alarm without it goin off is to leave this bridging wire in so the car thinks the bonnet is open!
Any ideas?

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Sounds like the bonnet switch is faulty.

Its probably just a normally open switch internally instead of a normally closed switch (same as seat buckle switches).

What I mean is that when the bonnet is closed, the internal switch contacts are open...sort of opposite to what you imagine.

cmp260

TDI
passat 2002 estate
bonnet switch

I think I know whats happening:
I disconnected the switch completely and the alarm does not go off accidenally any more. What must be happening is a "leak" of electricity in the switch - even though it reads open on the multimeter.. This started happening after the snow - at the same time as my external temp readings started going nuts. Im guessing the switch has salt residue in it. The temp gauge went back to normal after a car wash (where is the external temp sensor? anywhere exposed in front? Ill bet it is.

thanks for the help
cp:)

Occams_Razor

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2003, Reflex Silver
cmp260 said:
I think I know whats happening:
I disconnected the switch completely and the alarm does not go off accidenally any more. What must be happening is a "leak" of electricity in the switch - even though it reads open on the multimeter.. This started happening after the snow - at the same time as my external temp readings started going nuts. Im guessing the switch has salt residue in it. The temp gauge went back to normal after a car wash (where is the external temp sensor? anywhere exposed in front? Ill bet it is.

thanks for the help
cp:)
If your passat is anything like the Jetta the external temp sensor if found clipped to the frt bumper behind the left side air intake grille.

titou43

TDI
TDI 130 4Motion
Steve99 said:
I will contact people who have offered to contribute when the CCM arrives. I already have a source for the KVW100 module.

The project is a go!
Hello
Could you explain your project ? I 'm french and I'have not undestand all...
You want search the "bit" to activate the roll up windows one touch but we paid for this ??

Could you explain

I could give with paypal...
best regard

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
Occams_Razor said:
If your passat is anything like the Jetta the external temp sensor if found clipped to the frt bumper behind the left side air intake grille.
Passats are not like Jettas. Right behind the center lower bumper grille. Mounted to the power steering fluid cooling piping.

Occams_Razor

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2003, Reflex Silver
MOGolf said:
Passats are not like Jettas. Right behind the center lower bumper grille. Mounted to the power steering fluid cooling piping.

Good to know! :D

Thanks for the clarification MOGolf.

PassatV6

TDI
None, but someday....
Interior Monitoring Installed.

Just completed the install on a 2001 B5 Passat-1J0 CCM. I have one issue though, I need to arm the alarm with the bootlid/trunklid open, then close it to arm the sensors. Anyone have thoughts?

Video, click to play:

gfreeman86

TDI
Ibiza 6L 1.4TDI
Hi guys, do you think there may be a way to disable the automatic lock of the doors that happens when you haven't opened one?

I'm asking this because the switches that read the status of the doors (open/close) doesn't work anymore and yesterday the car automatically locked the doors even with the engine on.....:mad:

The car is an Ibiza 6L.
Any help will be appreciated (I'm avaiable for testing if needed :))

Thank you very much

Steve99

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf TDI, 04 R32
The KVW100 unlocking project is a go. The module will cost me 50 dollars, I am in for 10 of it. If anyone wants to make a donation towards determining once and for all what it does please send me a PM. I will only accept donations up to a total of 40 dollars, anyone who donates will be listed and thanked in the results posting.

PassatV6

TDI
None, but someday....
Steve99 said:
The KVW100 unlocking project is a go. The module will cost me 50 dollars, I am in for 10 of it. If anyone wants to make a donation towards determining once and for all what it does please send me a PM. I will only accept donations up to a total of 40 dollars, anyone who donates will be listed and thanked in the results posting.
I know on my 1J0 CCM I was able to enable the remote up/down windows with VDS-Pro if that is what you are looking for. I think I have the bits to change for a 1C0 CCM as well. Or are you just trying to figure out why the KVW locks the CCM?

Steve99

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf TDI, 04 R32
PassatV6 said:
I know on my 1J0 CCM I was able to enable the remote up/down windows with VDS-Pro if that is what you are looking for. I think I have the bits to change for a 1C0 CCM as well. Or are you just trying to figure out why the KVW locks the CCM?
The project was discussed a few pages back but I should have explained it again.
My plan is to see what changes the KVW100 makes to the CCM so that people who have used it can "unlock" and access their CCMs again. I would also like to know what it does to 1C0 xxx xxx CCMs to give them the 1-touch auto window close.

PassatV6

TDI
None, but someday....
Got it, I remember seeing it a few pages back, but after going through this thread about 30+ times for bits to change everything is a bit hazy. The one-touch rear windows via driver's window switch (the switch needs to get modified for rear windows) for 1C0 CCM's should be as follows:

- connect [to module address 46] with vds pro and login (19283)
- [serial] read address 16416 and take the first byte (decimal)
- convert to binary: 10011001
- set bits in bold to 1: 10011111
- [serial] write the new value to addresses: 16416, 16461 and 16506

- repeat this for the right rear module
- [serial] read address 20512 and take the first byte, It should be the same as before
- to binary, change bolded 0s to 1s and to decimal again
- [serial] write the new value to addresses: 20512, 20557 and 20602

For the Keyfob Remote, it should be:

CCM 1C0 959 799 A (Any Index) and 1C0 959 799 B (Any Index) for Variant/Wagon

Memory Address / old value / new value
04361 / 75 / 67
04362 / 75 / 67
04363 / 75 / 67

CCM 1C0 959 799 A (any index) and 1C0 959 799 B (any index) for Limousine/Sedan

Memory Address / old value / new value
04361 / 74 / 66
04362 / 74 / 66
04363 / 74 / 66

These codings are for a Passat, but the CCM is the main component that is being coded, so vehicle type should not be important.

ChrisGTL

TDI
Seat Leon 1.9 PD(x)150
Steve99 said:
Sorry, the 1-touch window up I am referring to is from the keyfob remote.
Hi Steve99,

Any further with this? I've just got myself a serial laptop and VDS, programmed the CCM so it has remote windows - but I miss the 'one touch auto windows' so much which I had on my previous car.

Steve99

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf TDI, 04 R32
No update yet. I understand the protocol for the most part now and will log the "upgrade" from the KVW100 soon. The KVW100 should be here today.

btw, I have 30 dollars in donations, still looking for another 10 towards the purchase of the KVW100.

ChrisGTL

TDI
Seat Leon 1.9 PD(x)150
Steve99 said:
No update yet. I understand the protocol for the most part now and will log the "upgrade" from the KVW100 soon. The KVW100 should be here today.

btw, I have 30 dollars in donations, still looking for another 10 towards the purchase of the KVW100.
I'll be happy to donate if you can crack it :)

How are you going to find out what the KVW100 changes if it locks the CCM?

ady2006

TDI
passat 3bg 1,9tdi
Only one component is “upgradeable” into ccm: motorola 68hc908Axxx (mask 1L02M). Simple suggestion : full read mcu (flash + eeprom) before upgrading process. And by prepared to re-read after secured mcu ! Just in case …

Lucas

Veteran Member
TDI
Bora Variant ARL DSG
I've been experimenting with VDSPro on my Bora Variant 2003 EU spec with stock DWA. Some things discussed in this topic do not work for me.

(73) 01001001 (Stock)
(65) 01000001 (Windows by FOB) Works
(69) 01000101 (Windows by key deactivated) Both key and FOB doesn't work!

I've tried a lot of bits on/off, but no succes. I want windows by fob on, but windows by key off. Anyone knows the correct setting fore these bytes?

Poping of the hood

My Variant has 04637,8,9 bit1 as standard on 0, so the hatch should pop, but it doesn't. Could there be a mechanical difference? My car had only a two button remote from factory, I changed it to three button. Know the behaviour is exactly like a Passat B5.5.

Alarm deactivated by immo
Byte 04355,6,7
My car has factory DWA, and this feature was allready enabled!

Lucas

Veteran Member
TDI
Bora Variant ARL DSG
Lucas said:
I've been experimenting with VDSPro on my Bora Variant 2003 EU spec with stock DWA. Some things discussed in this topic do not work for me.

(73) 01001001 (Stock)
(65) 01000001 (Windows by FOB) Works
(69) 01000101 (Windows by key deactivated) Both key and FOB doesn't work!

I've tried a lot of bits on/off, but no succes. I want windows by fob on, but windows by key off. Anyone knows the correct setting fore these bytes?

Poping of the hood

My Variant has 04637,8,9 bit1 as standard on 0, so the hatch should pop, but it doesn't. Could there be a mechanical difference? My car had only a two button remote from factory, I changed it to three button. Know the behaviour is exactly like a Passat B5.5.

Alarm deactivated by immo
Byte 04355,6,7
My car has factory DWA, and this feature was allready enabled!
I got the popping of the hood working after reading this post. So i changed byte 04361 bit0 from 1 to 0 and now the boot pops for 0,5cm after pressing the hatch button for 2 seconds. However it doesn't work so well on a Variant because the hatch is rather heavy ;)