DCOTC#11 --Feeler/GTG Kansas City, KS

weirdajs

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 New Beetle TDI
KS97Passat said:
If you don't bring cheese dip, you won't be let into the shop! :p
LOL Scoops or Normal chips? Pop Pepsi&Coke fine? Also I would bring my Oil Air Changer and VAG-Com. I would be there around 10:00 to 11:00 is when I am plan on showing up. I don't like google docs if you put one up sorry

Last edited:

dogdots

Vendor
TDI
None
CoolAirVw said:
Fronts wear faster, you should do those and inspect the rears. I looked at bora's price for OEM shoes and I about jumped out of my pants!
Hey Richard - I am still on my original front pads (173k) and did my rears at 80k.

BTW - what kind of cool Euro parts did you bring me back from your vacation?:p

JK of course.;)

suparag

Veteran Member
TDI
None now.
CoolAirVw said:
Fronts wear faster, you should do those and inspect the rears. I looked at bora's price for OEM shoes and I about jumped out of my pants!
Yes, I looked at bora parts, but I don't think he lists OEM parts some high priced upgrades. I am not going to participating in any drag races.

ID parts and ECS tuning have reasonably priced brake sets. I am thinking I will get from one of those two.

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
dogdots said:
Hey Richard - I am still on my original front pads (173k) and did my rears at 80k.

BTW - what kind of cool Euro parts did you bring me back from your vacation?:p

JK of course.;)
You alway here that largest percentage of cars in europe are diesel. Its true. I took a cab from train to hotel and it was vw tdi.

I took a few pictures and will probably post them somewhere.

weirdajs

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 New Beetle TDI
MOGolf said:
In adaptation channel01, save and confirm zero as the number of fobs.
Go to channel 00, read for default settings, save and confirm.
Go to channel 01 again, enter 00001 as the number of fobs, save and confirm. Press a button on the fob. Signals should flash to confirm the fob is programmed.
Quick question anyone have knowledge about keyfobs? I followed these steps more then once with the VAG-COM. I must be doing something wrong or it could be a bad keyfob? If I remember right I done this before getting my keyfob working again. All I need to know if it is a keyfob then I know where to get one of those.

Thanks Weirdajs/Aj/Andy

vwjettadsl

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
TDI’s
weirdajs said:
Hey vwjettadsl If you are coming how much to charge me to get my 2004 PD New Beetle Chipped? One stage tune is all I am looking for.
Well I have my new price list. Price for a Stage 1 tune is $340, old price was $450. So a pretty nice drop in price.;)

Here is a dyno showing Stage 1 vs. stock:

Cheers,
Ben

weirdajs

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 New Beetle TDI
vwjettadsl said:
Well I have my new price list. Price for a Stage 1 tune is $340, old price was $450. So a pretty nice drop in price.;)
Sweet my boy needs to be chipped. How would like to be paid Sir? Cash or Check? Just asking before I come.

Weirdajs/Aj/Andy

vwjettadsl

TDI
TDI’s
weirdajs said:
Sweet my boy needs to be chipped. How would like to be paid Sir? Cash or Check? Just asking before I come.

Weirdajs/Aj/Andy
Cash or check is fine. Only thing is, you said that you were coming on the 10th? Is that right? I was planning on coming up on the 11th. Might be able to come up Saturday evening possibly. Let me know.

weirdajs

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 New Beetle TDI
vwjettadsl said:
Cash or check is fine. Only thing is, you said that you were coming on the 10th? Is that right? I was planning on coming up on the 11th. Might be able to come up Saturday evening possibly. Let me know.
Sunday could and would work I thought you were coming on the 10th Sorry. Sunday would work better for me anyways. Good thing I havn't put in my time to swap hours yet :)

Last edited:

MrErlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf 4dr 5sp
mikey141414 said:
Alright! I talked to Judy co today and they are cool with April 10th and 11th as the day of our GTG.
Excellent, I'm looking forward to it.

I'll be there in a "new" ride. Today is the adoption day for 2002 Jetta PEG763. I'm selling her to a another local TDI guy, who will be joining the Omaha Biofuels Coop. For this GTG, I'll be rolling down in my brother's 2003 Golf, which I'll eventually take ownership of. It will be fun to start working on a new ride, I learned a lot last time and am looking forward to repeating many of the upgrades I've done before, and avoiding the mistakes I've made.

We've got a long way together, but parting time has come. Goodbye PEG, I'll miss you but I'm sure we'll see each other around in the future.

KS97Passat

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat sedan, 1997, maroon, 129k mi.
I should have a dual-mass flywheel and clutch assembly from my new-to-me 2002 Jetta for show and tell at the gtg. It's been giving signs of impending failure (145k miles now) so in its place is going a Valeo single-mass conversion kit. I bought a cheap-o transmission adapter for a floor jack that I expect to make the job go well. Got a good deal on ebay for it. Here's a link to a catalog photograph. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=95640

It will be good to see you, MrErlo. It's been a while since you've joined us in KC.

vwjettadsl

TDI
TDI’s
MrErlo said:
Excellent, I'm looking forward to it.

I'll be there in a "new" ride. Today is the adoption day for 2002 Jetta PEG763. I'm selling her to a another local TDI guy, who will be joining the Omaha Biofuels Coop. For this GTG, I'll be rolling down in my brother's 2003 Golf, which I'll eventually take ownership of. It will be fun to start working on a new ride, I learned a lot last time and am looking forward to repeating many of the upgrades I've done before, and avoiding the mistakes I've made.

We've got a long way together, but parting time has come. Goodbye PEG, I'll miss you but I'm sure we'll see each other around in the future.
Hey Eric, did your brother ever get his turbo cleaned? A GTG might be a good time to do it.:D I'm also thinking of coming up the the Omaha GTG, depending on the date.

MrErlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf 4dr 5sp
vwjettadsl said:
Hey Eric, did your brother ever get his turbo cleaned? A GTG might be a good time to do it.:D I'm also thinking of coming up the the Omaha GTG, depending on the date.
There has been some confusion, MrScottdi is in fact my brother. After selling my car, I will be taking over his in about 2 months. Before that time, we will be replacing or at least cleaning his turbo. That's tentatively planned for March 20th, but may get moved back while Scott decides on what he needs to do.

I will be at DCOTC #11, and we'll coordinate the Omaha GTG after that probably.

suparag

Veteran Member
TDI
None now.
Document?

Mikey141414,

Is the GTG still on? Usually you post a document of all the things that needs to be done, I haven't seen it for this GTG.

Suparag

mikey141414

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A 2015 Nissan Rogue, 2017 Sonata Plug in Hybrid
Yes, the GTG is still on. I have decided through experience that over planning is not necessary. Everyone can self police them selves. If you want to come out and do work, make sure that you have all the proper tools and experience or have coordinated with someone to get the proper assistance.

It looks like so far we are having a clutch, brakes, and chipping. I have a few items I want to do on my car, but nothing major.

weirdajs

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 New Beetle TDI

If you borrow tools make sure you give them back to the person you borrowed them from. I will bringing this if anyone needs it. I am sure Mr. Mikey would let us use air if someone needed to use it.

KS97Passat

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat sedan, 1997, maroon, 129k mi.
I think Mikey's clutch reference was to me. If so, I gave the wrong impression about that. I will install my clutch before then and bring the original dual-mass flywheel and clutch parts for show-and-tell.

MrErlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf 4dr 5sp
mikey141414 said:
Yes, the GTG is still on.
We're still good for Saturday and Sunday, right? I have a Dundee Community Garden season opening event Saturday morning, but will probably leave by 1pm and get there around 4pm. I will have some work to do, not sure what yet, but I'll have it coordinated before I get there.

Most likely nozzles, since the VNT17 will already be installed. I might try to coordinate the G60/VR6 with Richard for Saturday night, b/c that's work that I absolutely can't do myself.

mikey141414

Veteran Member
TDI
KS97Passat said:
I think Mikey's clutch reference was to me. If so, I gave the wrong impression about that. I will install my clutch before then and bring the original dual-mass flywheel and clutch parts for show-and-tell.
Oh, whoops, I read wrong. That's cool.

squebel

Veteran Member
The only thing I plan on doing is getting my DG short shifter installed which shouldn't take but an hour. I might even take the opportunity to pull the intake manifold off and clean it since it's never been done at nearly 100K even though I think it's fairly clean.

Let me know if anyone needs to change brake fluid or anything like that so I can bring my Power Bleeder.

weirdajs said:
I will bringing this if anyone needs it. I am sure Mr. Mikey would let us use air if someone needed to use it.
Holy cow, that thing is gigantic! Will that thing suck every last drop out of the oil pan?! :D

vwjettadsl

TDI
TDI’s
Hey Guys,

I just want to double check and see who all wants an Alligator chip tune on Sunday the 11th. I need to know in advance so the tunes can be prepared. Any questions just ask.

So far the list consists of:

1. weirdajs - 2004 VW Beetle TDI = Stage 1
2. KCMike - 2004 VW Passat TDI = Stage 1

If you want to be added to the list just let me know what model of car you have and your mods. I also chip tune Audi/VW gasser cars.

I'm also bringing my VagTacho, so anyone wanting the 4-digit PIN from their car just let me know. No charge.

Cheers,
Ben

weirdajs

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 New Beetle TDI
I will be there for sure. Might take the whole weekend and say f-it. Because I getting my tooth pulled on April 9th and then call in saying I can't make it to work on the 10th

Nah I am not going to do that. I am too much of a company person to do that. Hey thought of something else to bring with along with Cheese Dip. Does anyone here like Steak Strips? Basically deep fat fried Steak fingers. I guess I am trying to make up for last time you people had GTG :rolleyes: LOL

Anderson3377

TDI
2000 Jetta
Sign me up for a tune, Ben. 99.5 Jetta. ALH, 11mm pump (I think). Free flow exhaust (no cat and a magnaflow), and i have (but not installed) sprint 520s. Just a good tune that will keep up with the fuel.

And i hope everyone is good with Boston Lager and Hefewizen.

vwjettadsl

TDI
TDI’s
Anderson3377 said:
Sign me up for a tune, Ben. 99.5 Jetta. ALH, 11mm pump (I think). Free flow exhaust (no cat and a magnaflow), and i have (but not installed) sprint 520s. Just a good tune that will keep up with the fuel.

And i hope everyone is good with Boston Lager and Hefewizen.
Sounds good, I'll PM you for more info about your car.

Cheers,
Ben:)

mikey141414

Veteran Member
TDI
Those are some pretty seats. If you don't come out, we will look for you at the next GTG. Should be pretty easy to spot you...