MKIV A-Pillar Restraint Clip Part Number

rocketeer928

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
I have a 2003 VW Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed sedan. Yesterday I installed a turbo boost gauge with an A-pillar pod. Though I re-used it for now, I sort of damaged the top A-pillar restraint clip near the airbag upon removal of the A-pillar.

Does anyone know the OEM part number for the two-piece A-pillar restraint clip, and where I can purchase this clip? I'm reluctant to go to the stealership because my Bentley manual states that this clip is no longer sold as an individual component, but only with a new A-pillar cover.

Yes - I know many folks don't recommend putting a gauge pod on the A-pillar with the airbag, but I decided to do so anyway. Looks good.

dok

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 B4V
I purchased a new A-pillar lining from 1stvwparts. Give Zeb a call, I'm sure he'll help you out.

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
1J0 880 385 A clip and 1J0 880 287 clamp are the parts. They look to be so cheap at www.worldimpex.com that you'd spend more for shipping from anywhere unless included on an order with other parts.