View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2007, 06:13   #14
Fix_Until_Broke
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 75.0/53.0/38.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew
just ordered mine so I haven't tried this yet, but how about on that little mini-visor above the rear-view mirror? Cable might not be long enough to thread, though
That's where mine is - I'll post up some pics later today or tomorrow.

I took the screw out and turned the visor around so it flips down toward the windshield instead of down toward the mirror (hope that makes some sense?) then flipped the visor down and velcroed it to the part that screws to the head liner. This way the mini visor shades the SG from the sun. The only downside to this is that it's a little hard to read it since you're not looking at it straight on, but I think that's the case any where you mount it that far to the right of the driver. It's readable, just not quite as sharp/clear as it is straight on. I've had it here for a few days and like it. I got a 10 ft network patch cable and a female/female connector from RadioShack. I'm going to run the patch cable from the scangauge, under the headliner, down the A-pillar and to the OBD2 connector. The Scangauge cable will then be coiled up right there and plugged into the female/female connector and OBD2 port. This way I can still take it out easily for use in another vehicle without having to undo all of the hidden wiring.

It will fit up to the mini visor with the cable that comes with it, however you will have a cable running across the dash near the headlight switch and down to the OBD2 port.

Enough talk, needs pictures.

No good place to put it
[IMG][/IMG]

Final Install on mini-visor - looks same as trial install except cable is yellow
[IMG][/IMG]

Drivers Side Side View
[IMG][/IMG]

Passenger Side Side View
[IMG][/IMG]

Night Time shot
[IMG][/IMG]

Trial Install OBD2 Cable Placement
[IMG][/IMG]

Final Install Fuse Panel Connection
[IMG][/IMG]

OBD2 Port Connection
[IMG][/IMG]
03 Jetta, Cat 2u, DG Steel SP w/MOGolf Mod, 3"DP, 4"EXH, EaBP100 Bypass, Euroswitch, ECodes, Driving Light, PD Lift Pump, R520's, RC5,RC6, TDTuning, Malone, ScanGaugeII, 3" TIP, 2" TOP, HE221W Compounded with GTC1444VZ, 6 Bar MAP, VR6 MAF, Vented Fender Liner, Battery Cover Mod, 11mm, Monster Mats, 215/55/17 (27.9/53.0/75) Monthly MPG Links, Euro Trunk Latch, IDParts RSB, SDI or ALH Intake, ARL Ceramic Pistons, Rosten Rods, DRW, Wavetrac, SBC, FSD's, Beef Springs, Rebuilt Head, Recaro's, Colt II, DG Sigma 6, RMT200

Last edited by Fix_Until_Broke; June 3rd, 2007 at 08:47.
Fix_Until_Broke is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07081 seconds with 7 queries
[Output: 20.31 Kb. compressed to 18.51 Kb. by saving 1.80 Kb. (8.86%)]