Thread: Motul Dist
View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2006, 00:05   #6
AndyH

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1Performance
Let me ask you this question: Why will Amsoil jeopordize the warranty of many of there loyal customers just b/c they do not want to pay for the approval? There is a very long list of approved oil companies, but i have yet to see Amsoil on it. Even if your oil conforms to the standards, problems can happen, and if you are not approved, warranty will be voided.
Be very careful on two points. The first is that by Federal law, approval cannot be tied to warranty denial. The second is that you are mistaken when you suggest the company is jeopardizing 'there' (their) customers' warranty. Euro and VW specs are performance based and oil companies are required to be responsible for the performance of their products - whether they're on a list or not. If the oil fails, the oil company pays - whether it's a non-released AMSOIL product, or Motul, or the VW dealer's Castrol. AMSOIL's written product guarantee is in place right beside their written warranty, which is right beside their 33 year history and reputation without a failure of any type. AMSOIL makes it very clear that there is a second layer of warranty coverage when following their recommendations.

Quote:
Is Amsoil willing to stand behind their customer that uses your unapproved oil and pay their bill?
Absolutely - that's why the company didn't recommend any of their products for 505.01 prior to the reformulation of their current product on 1 Jan 06. Every one of their recommendations is backed up with their written warranty - and they're very conservative with their recommendations.

Quote:
I do have some testing done with our 300V line of racing oils. Motul does not release the names of the oil companies they have tested against. They are only labled by the first letter in the name of the company....
M, T, R, C, E you can guess who they are

Everyday i ask for more testing done with our products.. and as soon as i get more of them i will surely share them.
I look forward to seeing the testing.

Andy

Page generated in 0.08991 seconds with 7 queries
[Output: 17.02 Kb. compressed to 15.48 Kb. by saving 1.55 Kb. (9.10%)]