TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   TDI News/Tech (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   No more Diesel for US from VW (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=470042)

02tdivw November 23rd, 2016 04:30

No more Diesel for US from VW

vw planning from pull out all vw diesel car from the market.

TDIMeister November 23rd, 2016 05:58

[VIDEO] First Shift: VW drops diesel in U.S.

TDIMeister November 23rd, 2016 06:22

VW will not re-start U.S. diesel sales, brand boss says

n1das November 23rd, 2016 06:46

*SIGHE* Not really surprised by this. VW's troubles due to the Dieselgate scandal are far from over and VW has already been hinting at an EV future.

I will continue to own and drive only diesel vehicles, just not from VW. Gassers are not an option at all with my driving around 1k miles/week. Whatever I own and drive HAS to be diesel powered. If anything, the Dieselgate scandal has only strengthened my resolve to continue to own only diesel vehicles. I already moved away from VW to BMW Advanced Diesel :cool: a couple of years ago having nothing to do with the Dieselgate scandal.

Good luck.

HBarlow November 23rd, 2016 07:17

Sad news. We've lost the best cars VW produced due to unrealistic demands by our government.

turbobrick240 November 23rd, 2016 07:48

That is sad news. VW shouldn't have pissed in the cheerios.

Bert3734 November 23rd, 2016 08:20

Very unfortunate news.

Assuming this will affect the unsold 2015's on the lots (like the one I have a deposit on) ...

GWbiker November 23rd, 2016 08:51

With a VW buy back in mind, I've been looking a MB Bluetec Diesels or a older Gas powered car to replace my '15 Golf TDI. (2005-2007 year range)

I found that some MB Diesels have had serious motor failures due to improper oil use and domestic cars I looked at (Buick and Caddy) have electrical issues and other problems, in addition to unacceptable fuel mileage in the high teens. My Golf TDI averages 51MPG highway, 36 City average.

Sooooooooo, I'm now leaning toward keeping the TDI and go with the "fix", plus cash.

I spoke with my local VW dealer "Dieselgate" rep who told me the "fix" program would give me 2/3 of the cash upfront and rest after getting the "fix".

That sound about right??

Squalo November 23rd, 2016 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by HBarlow (Post 5184060)
Sad news. We've lost the best cars VW produced due to unrealistic demands by our government.

Nothing unrealistic about it. VW cheated brazenly.

GWbiker November 23rd, 2016 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squalo (Post 5184161)
Nothing unrealistic about it. VW cheated brazenly.

For many years most auto manufacturers "Fudged" the EPA fuel mileage numbers on new cars. I don't recall any car company getting fined for that practice.

I believe the EPA simply told them: "Don't do it again".

JM Popaleetus November 23rd, 2016 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by HBarlow (Post 5184060)

Unrealistic?

Every other manufacturer seemed to meet the spec. Chevy, Mazda, Jaguar, Land Rover...all bringing new diesels too.

JM Popaleetus November 23rd, 2016 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by GWbiker (Post 5184166)
For many years most auto manufacturers "Fudged" the EPA fuel mileage numbers on new cars. I don't recall any car company getting fined for that practice.

I believe the EPA simply told them: "Don't do it again".

Yeah, the hundreds of millions Hyundai paid was a simple verbal reprimand?

Diesl November 23rd, 2016 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by JM Popaleetus (Post 5184175)
Yeah, the hundreds of millions Hyundai paid was a simple verbal reprimand?

Compared to 15 billion it's pocket change.

rcnaylor November 23rd, 2016 14:06

VW diesels will soon be relegated to the dust bin of history. As I presume this place will be too.

If this board didn't go out of its way to limit talk and sharing of info on the biggest thing ever about VW and diesels - diesel gate and what VW was doing about it, it sure looked that way.

As someone who bought his first VW diesel in 1982 and has one sitting out front today, I hate losing what was a pretty good vehicle. But, when you intentionally cheat govt regs and get caught, its gonna cost you. I said the day the story broke "that's it for VW diesels in this country." And it was.

flee November 23rd, 2016 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcnaylor (Post 5184403)
VW diesels will soon be relegated to the dust bin of history. As I presume this place will be too.
Don't tell that to the Mk III, IV, etc, forums.
If this board didn't go out of its way to limit talk and sharing of info on the biggest thing ever about VW and diesels - diesel gate and what VW was doing about it, it sure looked that way.
You wouldn't say that after reading threadzilla.
As someone who bought his first VW diesel in 1982 and has one sitting out front today, I hate losing what was a pretty good vehicle. But, when you intentionally cheat govt regs and get caught, its gonna cost you. I said the day the story broke "that's it for VW diesels in this country." And it was.
Then why lose your TDI? If you like it, get the fix and drive on.

There.